• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Help! I am stuck with her final question

Help! I am stuck with her final question...

So I am a tutor who have helped her with her C++ homework recently. But I overdid it, I made it too perfect. So this is what she told me :

"Hey just wanted to know if you are still going to add comments to credit original source, just pretty much where I got my syntax inspired from...

Thank you"

I don't know what I really should do at all. Everything I wrote was from my knowledge, really.

Could anyone advise me on this matter please? Thanks.
Last edited on
You mean that you're a tutor, you basically gave her the answer to an exercise and you want to let her think that she did it?
Or something else?
Please be clear.
Well by the way, here is her original comment (But older) :
I had sent one of the files to my teacher just so he can look at it and give me some feedback and this is what he said :

Some feedback items thus far.
1) Add Color to take the file to the next level
2) If you used a source to inspire your code, be sure to cite it in full in the comments at the top of the program.
The code covers many advanced features and older features that we have not yet covered in class.
Thus, it suggests an alternative source. Much of it is in the old C style rather than C++, which will run in C++.
3) Give the user an example in the on screen instructions that A1 for instance orders category A item 1
4) Add some images to the receipt to take the file to the next level.
5) The program should also loop, reset counts, and subtotal, while allowing the user to order again.
6) The model is efficient concise, and advanced. Be sure to site in full the original source of the code if any.

I am honestly not sure what the second line and the sixth line meant.
Do I need to do something, or just simply ignore them?
closed account (1vRz3TCk)
So 'She' sent your code to her teacher and got that feedback and sent it on to you?
I am honestly not sure what the second line and the sixth line meant.
Do I need to do something, or just simply ignore them?
Looks like it means 'I (the teacher) know that you ('she') are cheating.'
As CodeMonkey says, her teacher has realised that she couldn't possibly have written that code based on what she's been taught in class. Either she must have learnt the stuff from some other source, or she must have gotten someone else to write it for her.

If she's learnt it from some other source, then she needs to add comments to say where else she got the information from.

But she hasn't, has she? She's just gotten someone else (i.e. you) to write it for her. In which case, she needs to be able to lie very convincingly to fool her teacher into thinking she's been doing independent learning, or else she's going to have to come clean and admit that she's cheating and getting you to do her homework for her.

Oh, and stop calling yourself a "tutor". It's dishonest. Doing someone else's homework for them is not tutoring them. It's cheating, plain and simple.
Last edited on
Yep, it is obviously cheating. But by that time I got so much hype, became too 'creative' and stuff... Not sure how to deal with this.

Of course, this is what we call 'masterpiece'. It is definitely too good for such an assignment solution.

Because of this being too special, I bought my matter here. You can find my work on another thread. And thank you all for the discussion.
The answer, obviously, is for you to do what your job as a tutor is supposed to be, and teach her how to write it. Then she can write it using the knowledge she has acquired from both you and her teacher, and then honestly explain how she acquired that knowledge.

Or, y'know, she's busted.
But is his job to be a tutor? I mean, no one goes to a massage parlor for a massage.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.