Testing Analyst

Primary Skills
Test Scripts
Overview
ROLE: Testing Analyst

RESPONSIBILITIES:
Testing Analyst
REQUIRED SKILLS:
Good communication skills - oral and written.
EXPECTED DELIVERABLES:
Test scripts

I look up what Test Scripts are and they don't sound insurmountable to me. I have some questions that weren't really addressed in anything I read.
1: They didn't specify if it would be automatic or manual testing. Which is more common?
2: What level of coding knowledge is typically required? I'm worried about two things. It's going to be way over my head or it's going to be soul crushingly boring.
3: I haven't really worked for/in a full blown team for quite sometime and don't have any references in coding what so ever. I'm assuming they are going to want proof that I know what I'm doing. (which got harder as of last week, my hdd shattered and I wasn't wise enough to do version control off machine) Since it's a test script job why not do a test script. So...
3.1 what would be something good to write a test script for?
3.2 do you happen to have any examples of good and bad TS in code?

Thanks for your time,
-A
The phrase "Test Script" is ambiguous. It's sometimes used to mean:

"A document which describes the steps a tester must follow, and the expected results of those steps"

and sometimes:

"Code written in a scripting language to drive the code under test to perform the actions required for testing, and to check the results."

IOW, I've seen it used to mean a Word document used in manual testing, and I've seen it used to mean a Python script used for automated testing.

Looking at the rest of the ad, it doesn't mention that they're looking for skills in any scripting languages, but does mention "Good communication skills - oral and written" so my guess would be the former.

But really, the only people who know for sure are the recruiters themselves. I doubt they'll mind if you give them a ring (or send an email, or whatever the young people do these days) to ask for more information about the position; as well as getting you more information, it would show them that you're taking an interest and asking sensible questions, as well as demonstrating those communication skills they're looking for :)
@MikeyBoy
Thank you. I sent them an email. I also did a little research on the company and they seem to be java developers. Gotta run, will update later
You're welcome - best of luck!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.