Showing my C++ game

Hey everyone, I wanted to share with you a video footage of my FPS game which I have written in C++ and modern OpenGL.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsNVl4pKtI4

I am happy to receive any feedback which you might have :)

Thank you and enjoy your day.
Neat!

Where's the source code? I'd love to take a look at it some time later.
Last edited on
Cool Game!

How long did it take to make?

Hi, sorry for being inactive after posting.

I'm happy to hear you liked the game :) I do intend to share the code at some point in the coming days.

This project took me about 5 months to complete. I've been working on it on and off. I would usually put a lot of time into it during the weekends when I have nothing else to do. It was an incredible learning experience and I'm very thankful for the amount of positive feedback I received on it so far.

That's pretty sweet. Also glad you're using modern OpenGL!

Instance Rendering (around 20,000+ objects are being rendered in-game per frame, can handle up to 60,000+ objects while maintaining stable frame rate on decent machines)
What is the majority of objects in your game? The particles floating around?
Last edited on
Hey, thank you :)

And yeah, I have 20,000 low-poly rocks being rendered. This is done through instancing so the GPU uses the same vertex buffer to draw all of the objects in one draw call (instead of 20,000 draw calls) which greatly saves performance. Other objects in the game are tiny points that are being emitted from the enemies and I then use a geometry shader to turn these GL_POINTS into textured quads. This also saves a lot of performance :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.