• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Programs similar to Microsoft's Team Fou

Programs similar to Microsoft's Team Foundation Server?

A few friends and I have decided to try and pool our collective programming ability to create...something, we haven't gotten that far yet. At the moment we are having too hard of a time trying to make sure everyone has the latest updates to the code before we can even attempting working on something bigger than a few small SDL projects.

After looking around on for awhile, we came across the Team Foundation Server, it seems perfect for our needs but... it is very expensive and requires a dedicated Windows 2003/2008 server.

Does anyone know of some kind of source code management program that is free, easy to use and doesn't require a dedicated server OS? I have a few extra machines running that I could install the program on, but I don't have any actual "real" servers.

Any help would be appreciated.
SVN and other related programs. As for the server, you do kind of need one (although the server could probably* be just a computer with a folder designated for it).

*I don't know really, so don't trust me on this...
You can also use Visual Source Safe.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
+1 SVN
-1 Source Safe (up until recently I would not have said this but it has somehow managed to trash a large project.)

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.