• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Who's the best forumer (in your opinion)

Who's the best forumer (in your opinion)?

Pages: 12
JLBorges. Didn't even take me a minute to think. He is basically a god.

What do you think are the qualities an ideal forumer must have (for example, one who is infinitely tolerant maybe)?

And remember there can only be one best forumer!
For me, it's Handy Andy. He gives a good attitude when tackling problems and helping out others. Always very polite and formal and is very tolerable towards beginners (even those who ask bad questions).
Cubbi
Handy Andy! He is crazy tolerant. He's also very polite and also sometimes humorous. Also, he makes sure that everything he says is 200% accurate.

JLBorges is also very tolerant. You can always expect good things from his code snippets. JLBorges is the most professional forumer in this forum in my opinion.

Peter87 is also very professional. And also quite knowledgeable.

Everybody else in this forum is equally awesome though.
Last edited on
Yeah, Peter87 is very good. I always like reading his posts.
JLBorges, how did you get your username as JLBorges?
Last edited on
I was (re)reading the works of Jorge Luis Borges (in translation) at the time I signed up for this forum.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Who's the best forumer (in your opinion)?
The ones that want to learn.
closed account (367kGNh0)
Colder's fish
Last edited on
Rascake wrote:
WOAH WOAH WOAH (first time I have used caps to reply In onomatepia, so this is serious)
Nobody has such attributes. But (if you believe in him) the one and only god

Most times I simply don't understand your posts.
Most times I simply don't understand your posts.

Ok I edited mine to make it clearer
What attributes must one have to be qualified as a god then?
My definition of god says that everybody (except for you) is a god. :)
Last edited on
To name a few

The One with extreme Power which is un-interrupted and He does not get tired.

The One who does not need the others.

The One who created the others and formed it without any preceding example.
Helios - my lord and savior.
Handy Andy! He is crazy tolerant.

Not very tolerant here:

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/252135/#msg1109969

Quite harsh and rude to a noob:

Handy Andy wrote:
You must be brain dead because you forgot what code tags are for.

Everyone who keeps helping others bring their own areas of strength and weaknesses to the table. To single out one person really doesn't recognize the others.
To single out one person really doesn't recognize the others.

It's not that one person is being compared with the rest of the forumers. The rest of the forumers are equally good.

This thread is about who you think your role model is. I mentioned those three people not because I consider them to be better than all other forumers here, but I want them to feel appreciated (if at all they happened to have read my post). There are a lot of other tolerant forumers too so you should feel appreciated too if you're reading this .-.!

I just picked those three people because I learnt a lot from them when I joined this forum. They were really very helpful to me and I have learnt a lot from their posts. They're the first three names that pop to my head when I think about this forum.
This thread is about who you think your role model is.

Not what I see the thread is about. The title screams "Pick One!"

I've learned and continue to learn from a number of the regulars. To say any single one of them is "The Best" is obnoxiously clique-ish and rather dismissive of the for-free work everyone of the regulars do.

So, no, I can't pick just one. Everyone that continues to volunteer their time and skull sweat to help others learn is IMO the best.

Want to dispute my understanding? How do you hand-wave away this?

And remember there can only be one best forumer!

BULL-SHIT!
Last edited on
Someone who I found to be very helpful with what I see as one of his areas of expertise, random numbers, and still continues to be helpful so far has not been mentioned:

Duthomhas.

And there have been people wanting to learn who have encouraged others to excel at going beyond a rote response when giving advice.

PiggiesGoSqueal is one of those "noobs."

The entire premise of this thread I find highly obnoxious and juvenile, to single out one person when so many freely give.

My opinion, and nothing but.
Last edited on
BULL-SHIT!
That meant you can only pick one forumer. The title of the thread is "the best forumer" after all.

There's a reason I put "in your opinion" in the thread title. This thread is not for deciding who the best forumer is.
Last edited on
Yes, I understand all that. I still say it is bullshit and highly obnoxious.

My opinion differs from yours. DUH!

Get over that your opinion isn't the end all of reality.
Pages: 12