Ways to delete my Topics on this forum?

Hello. Is there a way to delete all my topics from the forum?

Back in 2017 I posted 3 topics related to C++ programming, and they were homework assignments. I'm still enrolled in school, so my professor called me today and demanded those questions to be deleted from the forums.

The students he has now are looking these answers up and are whizzing through their homework because of the replies on my topics.

He said to make sure my topics are deleted. I wasn't aware this went against his policy. I don't want to risk being reported to the Dean's office for potential suspension from the college. I don't see a way to delete my topics from 2017.

How do I delete my past topics? Will deleting my account fix that?

I tried contacting the support team and no response yet. This is urgent! Please help me!

Thank you.

- Justin
Last edited on
closed account (z05DSL3A)
You can only ask the admin. Use the "Spotted an error? contact us" link at the bottom of the page. I doubt they will be deleted as the forum is hear for others to learn from.

Your professor might have to change his questions, that would be novel.
Exactly! His current students are using the questions I posted to cheat on their homework. I could potentially get suspended. These questions better be deleted! I contacted the admin and no response yet.
Last edited on
How do I delete my past topics? Will deleting my account fix that?
No it won't. But deleting your account will remove your username from the post (it will change your username to "closed account 123asdf789", but will not, for example, change Handy Andy's replies).

Probably shouldn't have used your real name in your posts... sorry. kinda too late now since he already knows.

Anything on the internet should be considered to be always floating somewhere in cyberspace once posted. Based on your previous posts, you certainly weren't attempting to cheat or anything, you were just asking for help. Was your professor's policy of not even being able to post any sort of code fragment clearly stated in your 2017 syllabus or something?
Last edited on
I read his syllabus and he didn't say anything about posting online at the forums. At least I don't recall because this was 2 years ago. I obey my professor's syllabus before proceeding to post anything online.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
JustMcCollum wrote:
His current students are using the questions I posted to cheat on their homework. I could potentially get suspended.
His current students are 'cheating' not you. He should make it clear to his current students that he knows there are answers out there and if he see any of them cheating they will face punishment.

Tell your professor you have done all you can, give him the link to contact the admin and he can give it a go.
Still, that's not the point. I'll give my professor the link to contact the admin, but I want these questions/topics of mine deleted to save both me and my professor trouble!
but I want these questions/topics of mine deleted to save both me and my professor trouble!

It would be better, IMO, if your instructor changed his assignments. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other topics on some other forum as well. I wonder how long this instructor has been giving out the same assignments.
@JustMcCollum

You need to go visit with your school’s Ombudsman (or equivalent).
Make the appointment today.

Your professor is stepping waay beyond his bounds. (And, IMO, behaving unethically.)

If it isn’t your posts (and the answers to them), it will be someone else’s. You are not cheating. You are not encouraging cheating. You have even made the best effort you can to comply with the (inappropriate) demand.

Hopefully, all that this will require is a visit with the CS Dean to explain the situation, after which the Dean will tell your professor he needs to update his course materials and/or methods to minimize the issue.

Unless the school can prove you did something academically dishonest or otherwise against the rules and regulations... at which point talking to your Ombudsman is still your best choice.

Those threads of yours I could find (in less than a minute) show only your own work and specific questions — I do not see you posting your professor’s notes or other university materials.

This site will not delete your posts; Even if it did, there are many clones of this site sitting around the net over which the site’s owner has no control.

Your professor’s problem is not new, and it is not going away.

But it is a total crap-ass move for him to threaten you with suspension for doing nothing more than asking for help on a public forum, and writing your own code. Suspend students obviously cheating off of you. Warn them ahead of time that it will happen.

You are not responsible for your professor’s curriculum. You are not responsible for students cheating. And, likely, students have been successfully cheating without you for years.

There are an almost unbounded collection of resources available to your professor for curriculum design and student assessment that effectively combat this very problem.

Get help.
Because it appears that whatever happens, your former professor has singled you out for punishment.
Well said, I was hoping you'd reply...
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.