Struggling and need help.

closed account (LE8p216C)
If anyone has some spare time and would like to do either of these to help me out I'm in a major pickle need them done in the most basic coding commands possible. Thank you so much if you take time to help me it really does mean alot!

Write a program that lets a Chips and Salsa company keep track of sales for their 5 different types of salsa (Mild, Medium, Sweet, Hot, Zesty). Use a loop to ask the number of jars sold for each type (5 times). Validate that a negative number is not entered. Still within the loop, calculate the Total Jars sold, highest and lowest amount sold.
Write a function that gets called out of MAIN. In that function, display Total Jars, Average Jars Sold, Highest Amount of Jars Sold, and Lowest Amount of Jars Sold.

I need help calculating the final grades. Assume we have only 3 students in this class so build a loop into this program. Obtain the student id #, the first test grade, second test score and 4 lab assignment scores from the keyboard. Validate that the 2 test scores are between 0-100. In the main routine, calculate the average by adding the six scores together and then dividing the result by six. Call a function, taking with you the average, that will figure and print the letter grade. Based on the Average, assign the student a letter grade as follows: Average Range Letter Grade 90 - 100 A 80 – 89.9 B 70 – 79.9 C 60 – 69.9 D 0 - 59.9 F
Last edited on
Yeah, no need to spam
https://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/270178/
https://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/270179/

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Learn about forum etiquette, how not to claim "urgency", and generally dumping your assignments on other people with zero effort.
Understandable man I'm just in a big pickle I will change title i'm not trying to disrespect anyone.
The problem is that you are asking us to help you cheat.

Most people taking the time to post on forums do so to help you learn, and aren’t interested otherwise.
@goofie123
It would help me greatly if you could let me know which version of C++ you want us to write the program in. Also do you want a menu driven application, console or GUI? Of course if you want hardcopy output we’ll need to know pretty smartly whether you have any logos to be aded, colors, paper size and printer details. Maybe just pdf would be suitable?

I’ve got the team working on it already and we can keep the same deadline if you get back by Monday.

So far we are making rapid progress andhave the follwing code for you to review and comment on if you have time in your busy schedule:

int main(
@againtry I just use visual studio for CPP idk what version it is exactly i use menu drive but can just get the code from you and use it on my program and a pdf or just the code typed out would be perfect thanks so much!
If you are using VS 2017 or VS 2019 AND you do not alter the a solution's/project's settings then the C++ language standard is C++14. That is the default.

Now, with that said, the assignment is yours to solve by writing code. It is not OUR assignment. So writing code for you to use, with you telling your instructor you wrote it, without even a bit of effort on your part it ain't gonna happen.
@goofie123

Perfect!

Thanks for the prompt reply. That certainly simplifies the amount of coding effort.
I have passed on your comments to the HdPT - i.e Homework de-Pickling Team - and they have now been able to complete the first line of your code.

int main()

Brace yourself for the next couple of lines and even though they will return nothing for a while they're sure to include some good top-of-the-line stuff.

Programming is fun, aren't it?
Furry Guy 2017 version I am trying to do it myself I'm stuck this is what I have below and I keep getting if statement problems. Obviously its only done for the first student but its basically just repaste code for last two if I can get this to work.
#include <iostream>
#include <cmath>
#include <iomanip>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
unsigned
studentid{},
firsttest{},
secondtest{},
lab1{},
lab2{},
lab3{},
lab4{},
average{};
{
cout << "Enter student id, followed by test 1, test2, lab1, lab2, lab3, and lab4" << endl;
cin >> studentid >> firsttest >> secondtest >> lab1 >> lab2 >> lab3 >> lab4;
if (firsttest < 0 || firsttest >= 100 || secondtest < 0 || secondtest >= 100)
{
cout << "Your test score must be a valid percentage score between 0 and 100";
cout << "Enter student id, followed by test 1, test2, lab1, lab2, lab3, and lab4";
cin >> studentid >> firsttest >> secondtest >> lab1 >> lab2 >> lab3 >> lab4;
average = firsttest + secondtest + lab1 + lab2 + lab3 + lab4;
cout << average;
{
if (average >= 90 && <= 100)
cout << "You got an A average\n";
if (average >= 80 && <= 89.9)
cout << "You got an B average\n";
if (average >= 70 && <= 79.9)
cout << "You got an C average\n";
if (average >= 60 && <= 69.9)
cout << "You got an D average\n";
if (average >= 0 && <= 59.9)
cout << "You got an F average\n";

}
}
}
}
@goofie123

Close this thread off by green-ticking it. Use the other thread you opened. Don't double post. And don't ask for your homework to be done the way you did here.

Showing your attempt is the the only realistic way to get help.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.