lerning c++

Pages: 123
Just a little bit of a side note, I don't appreciate being called "flower". I don't mind if someone who knows me a bit better calls me "Alby" or "Albie", but not "murf" or "flower".

As Return 0 stated, you're giving us a very poor first impression. How about trying to copy how some of the other members post (i.e. with proper capitalization and spelling)? If spelling is an issue for you, you can always use a spellchecker. That will make you look a lot better.

EDIT: None of us are paid to help newcomers to the language. We do it of our own free will in our spare time (I actually sacrifice some of my non-spare time for the purposes of helping), so it's kind-of up to you to demonstrate that you're even somewhat worth helping. Fortunately, the expectations are quite low, but you still need to make them. :/

-Albatross
Last edited on
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Well be polite and start at the tutorial: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
nothin harmful can come from bein called flower or murf! i aint got a spell checker. how do i no if im startin in the rite place? which 1 shud i choose?
In the cplusplus.com tutorial, start from the introduction.
In the book, start from the first chapter.

I'd suggest using the book, as the cplusplus.com tutorial is a little bit more for people who already program. You could still use it if you wanted to, though.

-Albatross
i have a c++ for dummys book! ill use that. thanks flower.
nothin harmful can come from bein called flower or murf!

That's not for you to decide when you're not the one being called flower or murf. You're being disrespectful and impolite.
look at mr respect here! seriously tho im lerning c++ rite now. dont tell framework abot any of this tho! he wont teech me!
If I want disrepsect as a female, I'll go to 4chan/b/, not cplusplus/forum/lounge/ (.com and .org left out to prevent the creation of hyperlinks). If you want any further help out of me, you'll need to respect me a little bit more (I don't ask for much!) and stop calling me names.

-Albatross
flower aint calling name where i come from! stoke ftw! why is flower sutch a problem 4 you?
I would think it's more important how the one being called the name feels about the name, hmm? If you aren't intending to be rude I see no reason why you can't simply avoid the term now that you've been asked nicely to do so.
flower aint calling name where i come from!

Well, here the rules are different. :/

why is flower sutch a problem 4 you?

Because I don't appreciate the name. It's pretty, but I don't like how it feels when someone calls me that. That's why.

-Albatross
Last edited on
no room for niknames ere then? bazza is a gud nikname! and zhuge could be huggie
There is no room for a nickname that you have been asked nicely multiple times not to use.
Well, I can't speak for Bazzy or Zhuge (although I think Bazzy made it clear earlier that he prefers his name), so you'll have to take it up with them if you want to call them something other than their names. However, please default to using our actual on-forum names, not nicknames. :/

-Albatross
Last edited on
Obvious troll is obvious. Cut the slang, no-one's buying it.
DeadOverclock... I'm about to give you a nickname. If you came her to learn C++ then please do so. Stop heckling the forum members.
tighter than a door wedge here! framework letz me call him muka! you lot aint az fun as him! :(
The time is rapidly approaching to test out the new forum features!!
Wild DELETE BUTTON appeared!
CHRISNAME sent out PS/2 MOUSE! Go PS/2 MOUSE!
PS/2 MOUSE used LEFT CLICK!
It's super effective!
shut up!
Pages: 123