code contest

Pages: 123... 9
i want to see who has the coolest code of all. i am not going to use the code anywhere but just to see and rate. the deadline is may 10th. You do not have to make a whole code between today and that date however. You can post a code that you have been working on for a while too. but you cant post one that you did like 4 months ago.

requirements:
must be full code
must work (non working codes will be discarded)
dont be a sore loser if you dont win

GOOD LUCK

ps. this is an informal competition. there will not be a prize. it is just for fun
What must that code do? What are the rating criteria?
Topic? Genre? Do you want a game, do you want an algorithm? What are you thinking? Because I've made some really awesome physics demonstrations in SDL and it's some pretty darn cool code, but my permutation code is equally as cool (to me) and it just couldn't compete.
Yeah what code? BTW I'm expecting to see some mind blowing code from m4ster r0shi.
Aww that hurts blackcoder, that hurts =)

(same here, r0shi)
blackcoder41 wrote:
BTW I'm expecting to see some mind blowing code from m4ster r0shi.
ultifinitus wrote:
(same here, r0shi)

Lol... I don't have anything specific in mind right now, but I'll try not to disappoint you :D
Last edited on
I know what I'm doing :)
It's nothing that fancy, just something that C++ probably isn't very commonly used for.
chrisname wrote:
something that C++ probably isn't very commonly used for.

read: "Something that C++ probably shouldn't ever be used for."
Some examples of this are as follows

*Eating a cupcake
*Making a(n edible) cupcake
*Making the recipe for making a(n edible) cupcake
*Traveling back in time to kill the one who invented the recipe for making a(n edible) cupcake so that you may take their place
*Summoning demons to sell your soul to, granting you the power to travel back in time to kill the one who invented the recipe for making a(n edible) cupcake so that you may take their place.
*Algorithmically cracking the encryption on the walls of fire that are guarding the gates of hell so that you may make a pact with Satan so that you may summon his demons to sell your soul to, granting you the power to travel back in time to kill the one who invented the recipe for making a(n edible) cupcake so that you may take their place.

All of these things can be avoided if you just used C++ for what it should be used for.
Last edited on
LOL@Seraphimsan! I hear C++ makes great noodles :D
I'm not sure if I can get this to work, for some reason I don't seem to be able to have an sf::RenderWindow object as a private member of a class, so without rewriting the whole thing I don't know if this will work. I might try something else, I just need to think of something cool to do.

Edit: I have a really cool idea now.
Last edited on
as long as it doesn't involve time cupcakes or Satan I'm entirely ok with this.
I'm more interested in the criteria at this point. To me crytoanalysis presents a challenge to the author, has a million and one ways to apply C++ to it and is a freaking awsome subject to study.

But if you leave too wide of a playing field then it will be easily blown away with a month of dev time.

EDIT: @ Seraphimsan: LOL! So no Satanic-Cupcake-Robot-Cults then? Bender is going to be so disappointed.

REEDIT: @ OP: If robotics is within the intended scope of this contest then I'm in! With the M$ Kinect SDK having just been released we're going to see some EPIC projects!!! 8-D
Last edited on
Computergeek01 wrote:
So no Satanic-Cupcake-Robot-Cults then?

Hah! "Or"s in the English language default to exclusive!

Somehow, I'm getting the feeling that one may submit any code for this competition, as long as it's cool.

-Albatross
My other attempt to do something cool really quick didn't work either. I don't have the patience to learn how to use MIDI so I give up until I come up with another cool idea.

edit:
I just realised we have about a month to do this. I might do something big, then; also, I've been working on a game, though its written in C#...
Last edited on
criteria for rating are as follows:

1.neatness
2.performance
3.usefulness
4.no loopholes
5.MUST BE COMPLETELY, INSANELY, INCRADIBLY, TOTALY, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE CODE WILL BE RATED FROM 1.0 to 10.0. and there are 3 judges
3.usefulness

Told ya. :)

I'm actually curious as to what everyone is going to submit.

-Albatross
Last edited on
What do you mean "no loopholes"?
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
loopholes? Probably undocumented exception specifications.

@OP:

1) Native C++ only?

2) Which C++ standard does the code have to be compliant with?

3) Where to submit?
Last edited on
all codes must be native c++. and u can submit the source code to this website if you want. or you can email it to me at cmiller3223@nc.rr.com, just make the subject of it "give to cainen"
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
I have a feeling this is some sort of plot.
Pages: 123... 9