code contest

Pages: 1234... 9
@computerquip:
Honestly dude!?!? IM 13!!!!!!! ithat email is my dads because i dont have one (that works) i am not takin programming classes in school either. its just me and a couple of kids at my school that know c++. so honestly what am i "plotting"
You could be lying, and trying to get some free programs for your programming homework.
It does seem that way, to be honest.

Admittedly, if we're writing complicated programs (I'm writing an archiver with support for AES-256 and LZMA), their professor will know they didn't write them.
Sure, his teacher just told him to go out and write some random program, with the only specification being that it has to be awesome. Totally plausible.
@Browni3141

I'm glad somebody said it. I was starting to think I was the only one who perceived cainen here as too young to be in a college Comp Sci class.
You're both right, I'm sorry.
thanx browni3141 and seraphimsan it was all a simple missunderstanding. so its all good chrisname :-)
Too young to be in a college Comp. Sci class? Maybe... but to be honest I know my fair share of people whom are too young but probably more than qualified! XD
lol but im glad that no one thinks im lying or anything like that lol :-P
Also, cainen, It gives me the feel-goods to see someone your age getting into programming. I was obsessed with computers at that age but had no where near the knowledge or skill to figure out programming on my own O:
hahaha but 40.00$ says that you know more than i do. Anyway, my dad doesnt know hardly anything bout c++ but he is still the one who got me into it. he used to (like 50 years ago) know BASIC but he dont remember it now.
Is there anyone really coding to show it off?? I'm interested to code something 'cause I'm really rusty now so I need practice. I really need motivation really badly to overcome laziness. I have 16 days left if I'd start now.

cainen172 wrote:
Honestly dude!?!? IM 13!!!!!!! ithat email is my dads because i dont have one (that works) i am not takin programming classes in school either. its just me and a couple of kids at my school that know c++. so honestly what am i "plotting

Good for you starting so early. When I was at that age, less people here in our country have their own PC. On top of that, internet is through dial-up which sucks. All I do is play ragnarok (http://www.ragnarokonline.com/) on computer shops dedicated to gaming but I sometimes break their PC because I'm curious what all those DLL and other files are..
blackcoder41 wrote:
Is there anyone really coding to show it off??

I've been thinking about writing an idle rpg lately. Nothing really fancy though.
Just an excuse to leave the pc on while I'm not around (e.g. while I watch fringe on TV).
If I manage to make considerable progress before the deadline, I'll post the code.
Here's something I made a while back that I dug up.

https://rapidshare.com/files/458917182/SPC_thing.zip

It's an [incomplete but halfway decent] SPC player.

Source + binary + sample spc files included (10 full songs). Total download < 500 k

EDIT: press escape to load files. That isn't exactly clear....

EDIT 2: I didn't actually look at the code in forever so I don't know if it's horrible or not.
Last edited on
@disch: sounds kool. ill check it out when my laptop gets charged again.
p.s. if when you read that and the question of how im posting with a dead laptop came up in your head, im using my phone lol.
Disch, it wouldn't have killed you to write some gui, eh? (why did you even bother making a window, if you weren't going to use it?)

Pretty neat, apart from that..
Disch, it wouldn't have killed you to write some gui, eh?

More work than I was interested in doing. =P

Emulation is the fun part. Not GUI writing.

(why did you even bother making a window, if you weren't going to use it?)

Need a window for DirectSound.

EDIT: Bonus points if you can figure out where all the songs are from without cheating (by cheating I mean examining the SPC files or opening them in a player that shows their tags)
Last edited on
Whew!!! After seeing that, I just feel so amaze at the same time feel dumb. Looking at the source code, I was like "there sure is a lot of hex literal in here". Very good job Disch!!
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
   std::cout << "Awesome program." << std::endl;
   return 0;
}
#include <iostream.h>
void main()
{
cout << "Awesome program." << std::endl;
}

(Note: this was a joke; beginners, do not write code like this! :P)
Pages: 1234... 9