Games job interview

Pages: 12
I wouldn't say so. Since it's not easy to run tests on my own (because I currently lack both the knowledge and the equipment), the process of thinking for myself is reduced to listening to both opinions and deciding which one looks more likely to be true. Pharmaceutical companies have a reason to lie about whether a cure for cancer has been found or not and we all know what that reason is. Pauling didn't have a reason to lie. Why would he lie? For fame? He already had two nobel prizes. Also, Pauling is not the only one who claimed that cancer is curable -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeA84udy7hY
I currently lack the knowledge
Then the appropriate thing to do would be to have no opinion.

deciding which one looks more likely to be true
That would require knowledge. Intuition is a poor counselor.

Pauling didn't have a reason to lie. Why would he lie?
It's not impossible to say falsehoods without lying.
helios wrote:
Then the appropriate thing to do would be to have no opinion.

That's not true.

helios wrote:
Intuition is a poor counselor.

But it's not intuition. It's common sense.

helios wrote:
It's not impossible to say falsehoods without lying.

I think you're missing the point here. If you really want,
pretend that I wrote 'say falsehoods' instead of 'lie'.

Though, according to the free online dictionary it's impossible to say
falsehoods without lying -> http://www.thefreedictionary.com/falsehood
But it's not intuition. It's common sense.
Same thing.

Lying is not just the stating of falsehoods. It implies the intent to deceive on the part of the liar.
If I say pi=3.14, I may be lying or not, depending on whether I know the properties of pi or if I think they're relevant; regardless, it's a falsehood.

Pharmaceutical companies have a reason to lie about whether a cure for cancer has been found or not and we all know what that reason is. Pauling didn't have a reason to lie. Why would he lie?
You are talking about intent and thus deception, not about truths or falsehoods.
I love how this topic goes from a game job interview, to a cure for cancer and why companies cover it up, to whose right on this topic to the definition and relation of lying and falsehoods.
Yes, I see what you mean now. But, as ModShop noticed, we digress. The bottom
line is that cancer is curable but pharmaceutical companies are not interested.
No, the bottom line is quirkyusername had a game job interview and he's on to phase two.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12