Look at these specs!

Pages: 12
Yup^
Any hardware switch in a laptop is pretty complicated, to be honest. Accessability of components strongly varies between brands and models.

Anyway, that wasn't really my point. I simply don't see why they bother putting in an i7 if they're going to hinder it by giving it a 5400rpm drive. "The user can just replace it" is bullshit reasoning.
Hehe... This is what I plan to build sometime next year:
http://benbowen.posterous.com/plans-for-computer-build

Until then I'm stuck with this netbook which I've dealt with for the past two years. Poor me.
Sounds sick :o

@Gaminic, I guess they were going for space over speed. It's a 750GB hard drive after all, to get that size with a fast one would significantly increase the price (though a 60GB SSD would work perfectly for me). I never said it was their "reasoning," but instead that if you minded it, you can always mod the computer yourself.
@ Ben Bowen: considering the heavy graphics card, I imagine you want to play games on it. Is that actually an option on Linux? I have no idea how far Linux has come in being supported or having high-performance compatibility tools, but I imagine your options are still quite limited without Windows?
Yeah... But (existing) games are not the only reason. *late post
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12