What lemons?

Life is like a cat. Sometimes it's affectionate, but most of the time it just hates you.
Life is like a prelude to the inability to ever again compose the human you once were, including your memory, thoughts, and mastery of poorly designed programming languages.
Life is like a simile. It requires to to think in novel ways to understand it, but not too novel.

-Albatross
No no, life is a metaphor. :p
Life is like the spontaneous expansion of a point mass into a constantly expanding, finite, but unbounded, space, populated primarily by matter, mostly invisible, with the rest largely taking the form of hydrogen. In some regions, stellar nebulae, primarily consisting of hydrogen, have formed giant fusion reactors, around some of which, small, usually spherical, bodies orbit. On at least one of these bodies, self-replicating collections of organic molecules have evolved into complex organisms which, through emergence, have developed consciousness, awareness and a need and, perhaps more importantly, ability to explore and understand the wider universe around them.
Last edited on
closed account (zb0S216C)
Like my parents said: Life's a b*****d. Deal with it :)

Wazzak
Life is a characteristic that distinguishes objects that have signaling and self-sustaining processes (i.e., living organisms) from those that do not, either because such functions have ceased (death), or else because they lack such functions and are classified as inanimate.
Life is a characteristic that distinguishes objects that have signaling and self-sustaining processes (i.e., living organisms) from those that do not, either because such functions have ceased (death), or else because they lack such functions and are classified as inanimate.

wikipedia.org alert.
Last edited on
[i]Sometimes I can't separate friendship from true love.[/i]
wikipedia.org alert.

ftw <3
(my) life is shit
Life is clearly a hot topic among programmers on forums.
L B wrote:
Life is like a cat. Sometimes it's affectionate, but most of the time it just hates you.

Oh, sorry! My cat drank all your lemonade.
I hope you don't mind. (He got out of his box.)
It's my birthday today so I don't mind at all :)
It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
closed account (zb0S216C)
LB wrote:
"It's my birthday today"

Happy birthday :)

Wazzak
Happy unbirthday, LB

To recognize life, search for entropy reduction. (I think it was Lovelock)
Daisy world http://www.gerrymarten.com/human-ecology/images/05-1-english.gif
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.