My Little Project

Pages: 123
Does anyone have any comments/objections?

The "Images You'll Also Enjoy" advert bar appears to feature a roof-rack and a horrific appendectomy scar.
The "Images You'll Also Enjoy" advert bar appears to feature a roof-rack and a horrific appendectomy scar.

Appendectomy scar? That's a tattoo, Mosch.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24w9hs3&s=6

EDIT: In other news, I pushed the new graphics to the SCM. I hope you like them.

-Albatross
Last edited on
I am SO out of touch. It still surprises me to see tattoos on anyone other than Russian and Japanese criminals, and sailors.

In my defence, I only saw the small version AND an appendectomy scar is less embarrassing than that monstrosity :p
LOL
Doesn't work for me. I compiled it with g++ 4.7 but the window closes literally after 5 seconds.

as@ubuntu:~$ cd Desktop
as@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ ./Soundbench
Determining which audio backends will initialize...
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
Initializing a PortAudio audio backend...
PortAudio backend initialized.
Using soft limit on CPU usage as upper bound of CPU meter.
Determining which note input frontends will initialize...
Initializing a PortMIDI midi frontend...
PortMIDI frontend initialized.
Soundbench loaded.
*** glibc detected *** ./Soundbench: free(): invalid pointer: 0x06c78030 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x6b961)[0x6e2961]
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x6d28b)[0x6e428b]
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(cfree+0x6d)[0x6e741d]
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6(_ZdlPv+0x1f)[0x3ea89f]
/usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4(_ZN11QMetaObject8activateEP7QObjectPKS_iPPv+0x27f)[0x27b4ff]
/usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4(_ZN6QTimer7timeoutEv+0x37)[0x2c82f7]
/usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4(_ZN6QTimer10timerEventEP11QTimerEvent+0x3e)[0x2813ee]
/usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4(_ZN7QObject5eventEP6QEvent+0x84)[0x27a214]
/usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4(_ZN19QApplicationPrivate13notify_helperEP7QObjectP6QEvent+0xb4)[0xe2ad24]
/usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4(_ZN12QApplication6notifyEP7QObjectP6QEvent+0x14e)[0xe2f8ce]
./Soundbench[0x8058310]
/usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4(+0x1851e4)[0x2951e4]
/usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4(+0x181e27)[0x291e27]
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0(g_main_context_dispatch+0x1c8)[0x6f27aa8]
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0(+0x41270)[0x6f28270]
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0(g_main_context_iteration+0x64)[0x6f28524]
/usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4(_ZN20QEventDispatcherGlib13processEventsE6QFlagsIN10QEventLoop17ProcessEventsFlagEE+0x5c)[0x29253c]
/usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4(+0x1e41e5)[0xee11e5]
/usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4(_ZN10QEventLoop13processEventsE6QFlagsINS_17ProcessEventsFlagEE+0x49)[0x264289]
/usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4(_ZN10QEventLoop4execE6QFlagsINS_17ProcessEventsFlagEE+0xf2)[0x264522]
/usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4(_ZN16QCoreApplication4execEv+0xac)[0x268ecc]
/usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4(_ZN12QApplication4execEv+0x27)[0xe288e7]
./Soundbench[0x804f206]
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe7)[0x68de37]
./Soundbench[0x804f781]
======= Memory map: ========

[...]

Aborted
as@ubuntu:~/Desktop$

I feel that
is somehow related to the crash.
Oh, and, should I hear something when I press 'Hold A4' button?
That's really odd, because after the line
Soundbench loaded.
the program should not be doing any memory allocation or deallocation on its own except for whatever PortAudio does. I specifically tried to make sure of that. Could you narrow it down to a specific part of the program? That'd help a lot. :)

EDIT: I ran the thing through valgrind and it couldn't find your problem. :(

As for the
... something similar happens to me on Ubuntu. If that was related to the crash... then that's on PortAudio's end and sadly I doubt I'd be able to do much about it. O_o.

You should hear something when you press the 'Hold A4' button only if you set something up under the Channels tab. :)

-Albatross
Last edited on
Not to derail the thread, but every time this thread is on the top of the forum I have to do a double take to make sure it's not titled "My Little Pony" ... I need help.
It might be a good idea to add the required version of libportaudio. It compiles with v19, but not with v18.
And one question, when you've imported a midi file, is there currently a way to play it entirely or just a single track?

Edit: also, when a midi file can't be imported, it seems to fail silently unless a valid one has been imported first.
Last edited on
At the moment, it can only play single tracks. Come to think of it, maybe playing multiple tracks wouldn't be so hard to implement. That code is seriously the bane of my existence, though.

As for the silent failure... what do you mean by "can't be imported"?

-Albatross
Last edited on
As for the silent failure... what do you mean by "can't be imported"?

I get the message "...appears to be either corrupt or non-conformant to the MIDI standard because fewer tracks are present in the MIDI file than expected.". But only when I've imported something else first - otherwise no message is displayed and it just doesn't show any tracks (file should have one track).

I can't seem to get it to play any tracks, though. When I try, there are tons of messages like those:
Request for unimplemented controller #10 made. Ignoring.
Request for unimplemented controller #7 made. Ignoring.
Warning: Events of type 14 are ignored.
Warning: Events of type 12 are ignored.
Request for unimplemented controller #101 made. Ignoring.
[...]

Hm, and when I select the initial "None" track in the Player tab, I sometimes get the following:
Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
0x000000000043064b in sb::midi::MidiFIO::getTempo (this=0xe7ad50) at midifio-misc.cpp:42
42	                return 60000000/factor/ticks_per_beat; //Microseconds/minutes * ticks/microsecond * beats/tick 
Hm, and when I select the initial "None" track in the Player tab, I sometimes get [an arithmetic exception]

...that... *bursts out laughing* I'll get that patched up. What happened is that I forgot to put in a check to see whether the file opened successfully or not, and hence the program was trying to read nothing. This program is getting a bit big for me to test!

I can't seem to get it to play any tracks, though. When I try, there are tons of messages...

I should probably remove those. Indeed, there are a lot of MIDI events that the program simply doesn't support yet.

I get the message "...appears to be either corrupt or non-conformant to the MIDI standard because fewer tracks are present in the MIDI file than expected.". But only when I've imported something else first - otherwise no message is displayed and it just doesn't show any tracks (file should have one track).

I couldn't get my hands on a single-track MIDI file to test the program with as everything seems to be type 1. Could you send me a link?

EDIT: Theoretically, I found a fix for the problem. I would still like to test it.

-Albatross
Last edited on
I know I'm double posting, but meh.

I released another patch version. I really hope that everything got fixed this time around. Athar, I think I fixed those three problems you reported. Null, I'm pretty sure I fixed your problem (and consequently naraku9333's problem, as I think they were the same).

I'm on a network which blocks git pushes at the moment, but I should have the development version updated by tonight. The actual release is live.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/soundbench/files/0.2.4%20Alpha/

-Albatross
Last edited on
I get a 403 Forbidden on that file. O_o

-Albatross
This is the file I was trying to load:
http://94.23.22.190/etc/ashita[1].mid
There's no warning now, but still no tracks show up.
It seems it has more than one track after all, just Timidity thinks it has one for some reason.
I suppose the file might actually be broken in some way.

Edit: sorry, link is fixed now. I should stop uploading things as root.
Last edited on
I found the problem. I'm going to reupload 0.2.4 again with the fix (yeah, I know, but I really don't want to release another patch). The git version will also be updated.

EDIT: Reuploaded and pushed.

-Albatross
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 123