Amazon goof leads to me being rich~

Ok not really, but I got twice the money I should have for a trade in. Anyway, I've bought the book I need for this coming semester and on other, though I still have 90 dollars to spend. I need some ideas!
Oh man, 90 bucks to waste. Winning! Lucky you having leftovers.. I'm dead ass broke.
What kind of stuff are you into?
Well 40 now, got something for the girlfriend also.

I enjoy books, grabbed a CCNA book (do that for a job already, would be nice to have the cert) but thinking a nice programming/algorithm book would be cool.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0201615622/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00
I bought that a few weeks back, it's pretty freakin' awesome. There are so many cool little things you can pick up from that.
Nice, I threw that in my cart of goodies. I always love getting free money haha
It's like, I discovered ostream_iterator and istream_iterator on page 1. For some reason, those two have yet to come up in anything I've read, although now I can't imagine how I could have possibly not known about them. Outputting containers is the easiest thing in the world now...
copy(vec.begin(), vec.end(), ostream_iterator<int>(cout, " "));
Who would have known!?

Free money is fantastic. I once got a $300 refund for books I never bought. It was awesome.
Last edited on
@Thumper
Outputting containers is the easiest thing in the world now...
copy(vec.begin(), vec.end(), ostream_iterator<int>(cout, " "));
Who would have known!?

Till now I thought that the easiest way to output a container is to use the range-based for statement :)

for ( auto x : vec ) std::cout << x << ' ';
For some reason, those two have yet to come up in anything I've read,

They also come up in Effective STL, I think, (or another Meyers book), in the discussion when to use stream iterators and when to use streambuf iterators.
Last edited on
FYI if they discover the error they will likely want the money back and charge your credit card the difference.
It wasn't put to a credit card. It was just credit in my amazon account. The only card I have in my account is now no longer active as I just switched banks a few weeks back.
That doesn't mean they won't want the money back. But maybe you'll get lucky and they won't pick up on the error.
Eh they won't ask for it back. It's a hundred dollars that they don't really have a way of getting back and would likely be more hassle for them to deal with.
With a company that large, they probably don't even notice.
> I wish I was rich without it effecting inflation
hehe.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.