Batch Coding!

Pages: 123
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Don't have the time for a team leader position on a project and if I'm honest with myself I know I don't have the experience for it either :P so I'll just take a normal position if it does happen preferably in the GUI department or maybe the AI.
I'd be willing to help if someone structures this. I don't have the time/experience for a leadership role.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
if someone wants to make the algorhtym(s) to make sure the moves are legal ill build a gui board.
I don't have much time or experience either, but we gotta start somewhere. If nobody else wants the role I'll set up a project tonight (git) and see if I can get some kind of an outline written.
Sounds good to me sign me up for anything that needa to be done :)
Post the link to the repo when you get it up :)
cool, i have no idea how a project like this comes together, if you start at the center naruku, things will begin to form from an intangible mass, i would like to see that, its like a mini model of a real industrial project :D
Last edited on
And so, out of a thread we all made fun of, spawns an awesome team project.
I'll contribute where I can :)
I created the project on github http://github.com/naraku9333/ChessPlusPlus
This will be my first project on github, so I'm not to familiar with it yet. Either PM me or post here your github ID as I believe that is all I need to add contributors to the project. If you would rather fork the project and issue pull requests that is also fine.
We do need to make decision as to what API to use, I'm partial to SFML2 but am open to suggestions. I was also thinking of Qt for any GUI elements we may want (file menu, chat window, etc)
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
naraku9333, this isn't the case. People can just submit pull requests which requires only a github membership.

EDIT: I just sent an example placeholder request. You can use that as a reference. You may reject or accept it. However, you can provide people with the ability to accept these types of requests.
Last edited on
Thank you computerquip, that's definitely good to know. I probably will want to set someone to handle requests, especially if there are many. Thanks again.
Will be sending my request when I get to work and I agree with SFML and Qt for the APIs
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
Perhaps design and implementation discussion should be moved to another thread or perhaps even on an issue on the git repo.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 123