Survey: How did you find out about cplusplus.com?

Pages: 123
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
... anyone who programs for android
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Lots of people still program in java it is actually more popular then C++ I believe. As for sites like this one I haven't found any that have a good community like here. Most tend to be stuck up people that love to name call and say stuff like leet and coolz and I pwn u lol though I haven't looked very hard.
@tition:

Yeah I dislike Java personally. And made C# and C++ as my language of choice. However there are a large portion of employment where I live which asks for Java, so I could see that being something to teach.

@DTScode:

and isnt the linux kernel written in c?

isn't it somewhat like what I said? and didn't I say I have no interest in that, and also that there are no jobs where I live for that?

you know it is possible to write good software without objects?

When I was learning C# and .NET, one of the things I did was a PoS (Point of Sale) software, with a Host/server side and a client side. Was under 5000 line of code (with half that pre-generated Visual studio code). Now if I did this in C, that would have been what? 1000000 line of codes? Point is, for any business it is financially much more beneficial to pick what will give you faster productivity.

Edit:

... anyone who programs for android

Which can also be done with C++ and C#
Last edited on
just because you have less lines that doesnt mean faster code.
Perhaps not faster speed-wise, but I'd certainly expect faster to write in the first place. And that's something I think a business would care about.
Perhaps not faster speed-wise, but I'd certainly expect faster to write in the first place. And that's something I think a business would care about.

Exactly, Yes!

just because you have less lines that doesnt mean faster code.

I don't think you understood much of what I wrote, and if you did, I really hope you never own a business or manage one in your life, as you will be murdering money.
What in your opinion is the best programming language out there?
actually that would be you in my opinion. and i never said a buisness wouldnt care about how long it takes to write the actual code. i said that its not neccesarily faster. i can and have ran buisnesses just fine. in my opinion it is you who can't
DTSCode, do you spend all your time here? -_-, at 12:00 your post count was about 250 and now, it is 321 ...
well, today i have gotten into a few debates. and there isnt really a best language out there. it depends on what you want to do and how you want to do it. although, when i asked about it, GO! seemed to be pretty unpopular
wait... why were you watching my post count
closed account (3qX21hU5)
You have already ran multiple "businesses" at the age of 17? Gezz I'm falling behind :(

in my opinion it is you who can't

If I were to invest $10,000 in a business on either DTSCode or Oria from just what I can tell from over this forum I would go with Oria hands down. No offense.
who said i was 17? i could care less if you handed the money to oria
Your profile has you as 17. Also, "I could care less" means you care somewhat. The phrase you are looking for is "I couldn't care less" which implies that you care so little, it would not be possible to care less.
I think I recall him saying he was 9 or something around that in the age thread. He's clearly not 17 if he denies it while having it on his profile.
Lol, wait, who has their own business?
DTSCode wrote:
i could care less if you handed the money to oria

In this hypothetical scenario as a business owner, I think you ought to care a lot about getting investors to invest in your business.
I guess he thinks you would max out at $.02
i check this site in order to procrastinate but still get encouraged to work at the same time
Last edited on
you know it is possible to write good software without objects? you can write a lot of python code in w/o touching structs or classes all day. and isnt the linux kernel written in c?

edit:
and the internet?

I just caught this, did anyone else notice? I think someone asked if the internet was made with C... I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
Pages: 123