Remote control of C++ program in Ubuntu via HTTPS

I have an emulator program written in C++ running on Ubuntu 12.04. There are some settings and options needed for running the program. I need to query and control these options via HTTPS from a remote machine/mobile device. There should probably be some libraries for the ease of use. Can someone help me with that? It's urgent.
Thanks.
What you are doing is remotely starting a process and you are either configuring the command-line parameters or some config file remotely.

I wasn't aware that HTTPS could start processes. I'd do it via SSH or some other protocol. PuTTy command line is a nice way to do this.

The systems that I work on use a service on the remote machine which listens to a custom protocol. WHen it recieves a "start" command for this protocol it is configured to start the processes in a pre-configured way. Since the listening service is running on that remote machine, it has the authority to execute the code locally.

Last edited on
I need to query and control these options via HTTPS from a remote machine/mobile device.
That means you need to run an HTTPS server.

But as Stewbond mentioned above, there are other secure ways to access a computer.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.