Best c++ editors?

Pages: 12
I use Vim. Fairly easy to learn and use.
For simple things I use JEdit and CodeBlocks. For larger ones Eclipse.

(Eclipse is) ... horribly horribly slow.

LOL. You must be using one of those dinosaur era computers...
Eclipse is quite fast for what it offers. I find it slow only on startup - it requires that ~10 seconds to cold boot. Then I never wait for Eclipse. I wait for the underlying C++ compiler though... Pity that the Java support in Eclipse is far better - it compiles code in background so that the project launches instantaneously.
Last edited on
gvim is nice... it has a gui... so no shell needed... but shell vim is also nice too... doesn't really matter...

use vim though extremely powerful
what about windriver ?
WinDriver is a driver development tool; you could edit code using it, I expect, but it seems overkill just to alter text files, which ultimately is all the OP is in need of.
WinDriver is a driver development tool; you could edit code using it, I expect, but it seems overkill just to alter text files, which ultimately is all the OP is in need of.

Hi Moschops are you a device driver developer ? When I first graduate from Uni, my ideal first job is to do device driver but the vacancies are too scarce in my country except for Creative which never take me in unfortunately.

Now 13 years later once a while I long to do device driver development which until today I don't have any software development in this niche arena :(
Last edited on
sounds like another IDE/Editor war.

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12