UNIX/Linux Programming - July 2018

by RCane
Eclipse CrossCompile include issues

Hi everyone, I need help and sorry for the long read but I'm not sure what to call what I'm experiencing and just want to be thorough I have Ubuntu 16 with pho...
[1 reply] : But in eclipse even with the unresolved I can use 'F3' and open the f... (by Repeater)
by stav
readdir() ignore . and ..

Hi i have the following function that reads every subdir of a directory: bool doDir(std::string dir) { dirent* pDirent; DIR *pDir; pDir = opendi...
[3 replies] Last: thanks (by Explorer Whiz)
issue with huge strings

Hi everyone! I have an issue when using huge strings. This is an example code : //file main.cpp #include <string> #include <iostream> const char* test() { ...
[2 replies] Last: Your problem isn't the insanely large string -- that's just a matter o... (by Ganado)
What project and compiler do i use?

I am a begenner who has started coding on linux from windows. I use eclipse ide, and i remember when i used it in the past ihad issues with the linux compiler n...
[3 replies] Last: You *should* have the option of making a C++ project. It's possible so... (by Ganado)
by bitak
ComputeMField.C:28:3: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘!’ token

Hello all i am a beginner in C++ and i have got an error when I am running my code on Ubuntu. I want to have the velocity in half step time for every atom, so...
[7 replies] Last: Hello again...I have a simple question! I am working with the source c... (by bitak)
by RCane
applications sharing states

If you have multiple applications that need to 'talk' to each other. What do you do or what do you use? For example lets say I have an application that moni...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! Mkfifio seems to be the way to go. (by RCane)
Formatting a Linux partition

I have the need to be able to programatically format a thumb drive having a single Linux partition on it using C/C++. What function call(s) do I need to make in...
[3 replies] Last: How often do you initialize filesystems? How often you don't do that w... (by keskiverto)
access libraries

hi there! I'll start programming a utility in FreeBSD written in C++, I need to understand what C++ libraries that can alert modification or access to files ...
[1 reply] : https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?kqueue It has this example: ... (by kbw)
setprecision output when the last digit beyond decimal is 5

Here is the below code which I was testing from edit&run option in the cplusplus website itself. I am getting different output than I expect:- // setprecision ...
[1 reply] : A double can't store 107.705 exactly so the value that actually gets s... (by Peter87)
reading a string from a pointer

How do you go about reading a string from memory when you only have the pointer. For example &ptr is 0x7ffeb7ec2328. How can I read from this pointer location ...
[5 replies] Last: …I will take a guess. char *duh; //a character pointer. duh = new... (by jonnin)
by zolo
Make file on linux - The good old question

Hi, After googling almost every possible question on this subject I did not find any solution. I am trying build a make file which puts the object files into...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, That was it! Works beautifully! (by zolo)
by Mk87
question-nplease help me(contains semaphore, thread, process)

I need to write c programming able to generate 3 processes able to work in a chain, for example, each process waits for a predecessor to start again, in a circu...
[1 reply] : Sounds like you could just use pipes or sockets to do the IPC. Also, ... (by helios)
by Borneq
How link LLVM libs?

I try compile LLVM example. Problem is linking 134 big files , all have 5 GB. If I add lib by lib to CodeBlock , still errors. If I add all to CodeBlocks, it ...
[1 reply] : First, you're trying to link a debug build. You need a release build. ... (by helios)
error using valgrind client requests with threads

Hi everyone, I am playing around with valgrind client memchech requests and found that when using threads, valgrind reports erros that it shouldn't report. T...
[4 replies] Last: Hi mbozzi, Yes you are right, the final message does not show any err... (by hebrerillo)
  Archived months: [jun2018] [aug2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.