UNIX/Linux Programming - August 2018

by osar22
How to setup a C++ project with MySQL Connector and CMake

Hi there, despite having developed applications in C++ for about two to three years, I never had to setup a project on my own. Because I knew I wanted to...
[6 replies] Last: From my quick google, it seems obvious that this is a bit problem, I d... (by poteto)
by PonasM
Application runs in ArchLinux fine, but doesn't work in Ubuntu

Hey. I have a little C++ program, that works perfectly on ArchLinux. However, when I try to run it on my Ubuntu Virtual Machine, it throws an error. The prob...
[4 replies] Last: Yep. When I lowered the terminal window size on ArchLinux, it also thr... (by PonasM)
by JJSM
Errors while running .exe files

Hello, I've been having trouble understanding the error messages that appear when I run this .exe file like so: ./ExampleFile.exe Then I receive these ...
[3 replies] Last: unix has permission things. That is, even if the file and folder are ... (by jonnin)
by step
how to increase the stack limit

Hello, I am having an issue when running my C++ program in Ubuntu with 2 external libraries (quite big libraries). When I run the program using either one of t...
[5 replies] Last: Modern mid-sized OS's can grow application stacks. But there is a pra... (by kbw)
'read' race condition without 'write'

Hi there! I am running a program with two threads under Valgrind tool 'helgrind', and the tool is reporting a race condition. The weird thing about it is tha...
[1 reply] : Is the matching source for __tz_convert? https://github.com/lattera/gl... (by kbw)
by cpp157
Using portable version of timegm() without affecting other processes

Hello everyone, currently I am using a portable version of the timegm() function (it's available on man page of timegm()) which temporarily sets the value ...
[10 replies] Last: Ok. I got it. You have been of great help,thanks a lot! (by cpp157)
  Archived months: [jul2018] [sep2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.