UNIX/Linux Programming - May 2015 (Page 2)

Shared library on OS X (rpath issue?)

I'm learning about shared libraries in C++ but I'm struggling to run a program when the shared library .so file isn't in the same directory as the executable. A...
[1 reply] : Well I think I figured this out, and I believe it's an OS X thing. If ... (by jamesa917)
Check default

(linux/ubuntu)What command should I type to check my default editor and default window manager? I had checked a lot of websites, all also teaching about how ...
[1 reply] : Not sure if there is a default editor. Don't you just type the command... (by Peter87)
Possible g++ optimization bug?

Hi, This is going to be a LONG post. First some particulars: CentOS release 6.6 (Final) g++ (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-11) We're seeing an issue th...
[3 replies] Last: Pretty much everywhere I've read that asks about optimized variables s... (by jaj2276)
Segmentation Fault when accessing java through JNI

Hi guys :) New to c++ and have come across a segmentation fault, not really sure how to debug them. Can anyone advise me to how to proceed? Here's the code I'...
[4 replies] Last: ulimit -c unlimited It told you buddy. (by derekrose)
by MIZ
Question on Linux Distrubutions

I'm going to buy a pc and dual boot Linux with windows using Debian. My question is if I make applications in Debian Linux will they run on other distros ? ...
[4 replies] Last: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_partitioning One does create a fil... (by keskiverto)
by Sh0es
[ERROR] Pointer Errors

I'm creating a C++ program with g++ and QT Creator. Here's my code: #include <iostream> #include <time.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include "ArrayList.h" #include...
[3 replies] Last: It's a very odd 3-dimentional array. A static array of dynamic arrays... (by keskiverto)
May 2015 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [apr2015] [jun2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.