Any tutorials for making a GUI in visual c++ or netbeans?

Hello, I am trying to make a gui for something i'm working on in visual studio. I have made tons and tons of console applications, but I don't quite understand how to make a gui in c++. I've been using visual studio for this, as it didn't seem that eclipse had the capability of making a gui

I have so many questions

1) why is the gui part of the application a header file? I get that I can just include it via #include "whatever.h" Even so, how do I integrate that with a .cpp file?

2)Do I have to write my cpp file a certain way so that the header and the cpp file understand what to do with each other? It seems I have to do this but I don't really understand how exactly.

3)I know this may infuriate some, but I haven't had a lot of experience with making header files, is there any really good and detailed tutorial or something that I can read which can help me understand that a bit better?

4) can I use multiple cpp files for one application with a gui? I would find this helpful but I don't get how to to that.

I've been searching around and every link I find just half explains what to do with making a gui in visual c++ (if you know of another program that's easier to make a gui please tell me).

If anyone knows of any good tutorials explaining how to to this or has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. @_@
The reason one 'seems' to make GUIs with a header file (windows.h) is that all the functions for creating and managing a graphical user interface are in dlls that comprise the operating system itself (kernel32.dll, user32.dll, gdi32.dll, etc.). So - to use them you need to tell the compiler about the functions; that's what the main windows.h header is for. But in terms of linking, the various tools most folks use such as Visual Studio, Code::Blocks, etc., feed linkage information to the linker automatically when you set up a project. If you were compiling from the command line you would have to add that extra information. I put together a tutorial here that may be of some use...

http://www.jose.it-berater.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=3389.0
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.