Real time plotting for Win32

I have been writing C++ code in Win32 and I'm fine with buttons, textboxes and listviews, etc... However I am having trouble with finding information to do real time plots. Particularly, my program generates various figures almost continuously for the GUI to plot, and I would like to have a real time line plot. If it is too difficult to do tick-by-tick plots I am okay with interval sampling, say, once every 15 seconds.

I tried googling but I couldn't find anything that fits. I wonder if anyone could share some experience here. =)
You'll need multi-threading for that bonho. You'll have something termed a 'worker thread' which is running your algorithm that continuously generates its own data, or reads data from something, or whatever it does, and it will periodically write data to some object in your GUI thread that draws to a control or whatever. I have a compileable demo of that I could post to show you the general idea, but it doesn't draw graphics or anything. It writes text to a continuously scrolling window, kind of like Microsoft's big Windows Update or installation programs that keep you updated of its progress on some big long winded job. Let me know if you want it.
Well drawing graphics continuously is the sort of things I'm looking for...
Then there are two things you have to master...

1) The basics of multi-threading, i.e., what the code looks like, the necessary function calls, etc.

2) Drawing your output to some control in the GUI thread, or perhaps even to just a blank window, an output screen, so to speak;

I can help you with the first but for the second you'll have to come up with just what you want to draw to and how you do it.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.