Visual Studio and QMake

I've tried to make it work but I can't. I am unable to get Microsoft's Visual Studio 2015 to simply run qmake ../source && nmake in a build directory. As a result I have to run the command in the command line to build my programs.

Is there any way to make Microsoft's Visual Studio use a different build system than the one they perscribe, or am I S.O.L.?

I know I may be grasping for straws, but it would really help, since Visual Stusio is the only IDE I've been able to get the Microsoft debugger working with.
Last edited on
Did you try to create a project from existing files and chose external build system in the wizard ?

What do you want to do?

Why don't you create a new project and add your files to it?
Qt now has a package for VS2015 https://www.qt.io/download-open-source/#section-2 under windows host section. That combined with the Qt5Package extension should be all you need to build Qt applications with VS.

The Qt5Package extension will add Qt project templates to the new project wizard. You will need to set the Qt directory in the Q5t > Qt options menu. The directory to add will be Qt5.6.0\5.6\msvc2015_64 in the Qt root directory.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.