MFC extension dll for building dialog box GUI

Hey folks,
I'm trying to understand how to make a simple dialog box that is to be loaded by a client application (Takion, it's a proprietary trading software)using mfc extension .dll file. I'm aware of using the resource to create a dialog box, however am looking to create one without using the resource. The client application comes with an API library which contains useful classes; one of the classes is inherited from CDialog, and under it has at least 3 other classes that inherit from it.
I suspect that one of these classes is used to create the dialog GUI. I'm fairly new to C++ (been at it for about a month and a half now)and am writing to inquire how one would go about using a class that is inherited from CDialog to build a dialog box through an MFC extension dll (I think it is called dynamically loaded box? not too sure). Any help in this regards is much appreciated

Thanks
Last edited on
Here's an article on how to build a dialog without resource template.
https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/873270/Windows-dialog-design-in-Cplusplus-without-dialog
Actually using code from a dll isn't different from using code within the application itself. The difference lies in organization of the projects. I.e. You need to make a project for your actual application and a project for the dll. Finally you need a reference to the dll project.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.