How can i get C++ programm

Sry im new in this website and new in programming so if i get a little help i might actually appreciate it i dont know where to get c++ there are many of them i THInk so if somebody just tell me where can i find it.
Thank you for listening :D
OP wrote:
i dont know where to get c++

Do you mean tutorial? Then I suggest this site's tutorial.
No i mean the programm where can i get it :/ i cant find this progg.
You need an editor in which to write code. Code such as this is just a text file. Then you need a compiler, which is a translator program that reads in the text code file, and outputs an executable file containing machine instructions. Both of these tools are oftentimes combined into an Integrated Development Environment ( IDE ). Two popular ones I use are Microsoft Visual Studio (or MS Visual C++), and Code::Blocks. Do a search on either of these terms and you will come up with lots of info, as well as how to get them.
you need a compiler, which is a translator program that reads in the text code file, and outputs an executable file containing machine instructions.

A compiler doesn't output an executable machine language program, it outputs an object file, which then a linker will link with other files, then will become an executable.

C++ is just an agreed language that a compiler converts.

There's no "program" to get to just write the code, however, there are programs needed to run it. :)

(Well, you need an editor to write it, and that's a program)
Last edited on

A compiler doesn't output an executable machine language program, it outputs an object file, which then a linker will link with other files, then will become an executable.

Spoonlicker's distinction is one GrimReaper doesn't need to worry about yet.
Dude i get it but i dont get it where do i write these words i mean do i write them in this programm codeblocks or where ... :/ is this the prog. that i need http://www.cprogramming.com/code_blocks/ please check it and tell me im dying :'(
Last edited on
http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/26

Just go to the link above and download and install the correct package for whatever operating system you are using. After you've done that post back here and I'll give you a first program and tell you where to put it. Calm down!
it is a basic language.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.