Windows Programming - December 2021

by Jezck
Overriding base class method

Hi, I have a query with regards to the use of the Virtual keyword for methods. If a derived class method overrides a virtual method of it’s base class, and t...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, that is what I see also. Except in the case where the paramet... (by mbozzi)
Access Violation when calling Class Function from WndProc

Greetings, I receive an access violation error when calling a Class Function from WM_MOVE in the WindowProc function. If I instead call this Class Function f...
[6 replies] Last: I previously thought that the WM_MOVE could only happen after the Dis... (by seeplus)
by sarahm
win32 window doesn't resize

Hello. I'm having a bit of a problem with creating a win32 window: the window shows up fine, but can not be resized. Also, clicking on the minimize, maximize o...
[7 replies] Last: LoadIcon and LoadCursor have been deprecated, use LoadImage instead.... (by JohnOfC)
Delete

Delete
[no replies]
the managed nullptr type cannot be used here.

I have some code that should just call an event but I get this error: the managed nullptr type cannot be used here I get this error in the compare file. Her...
[11 replies] Last: using _Literal_zero = decltype(nullptr); is giving the error in the ... (by AnnoyingB)
by Geckoo
Sort lists

Hello everyone. I have a question about lists. I have an empty list A which I populate with integers according to an external computation. When the process ...
[9 replies] Last: OP did say "list", though it might not have been deliberate. As ment... (by kigar64551)
Graphical User Interface Program

Maybe have a look here: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/281241/ Of course, the optimal choice of a GUI technology depends a lot on which platform(s) ...
[2 replies] Last: Freddie, the OP has gone...this is the remnants of a dead thread. (by The Grey Wolf)
using text string functions in Win32

So, I have an embedded system that saves data in (unsigned char) format to an SD card. This data is read into my Win32 app into a structure (all unsigned char ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the responses. It looks like MultiBytetoWideChar and vice-... (by dodge55)
Using BitBlt

So,it looks like BitBlt captures an image from a specific place in a window, which allows you to duplicate the image somewhere else without redrawing. But, it ...
[19 replies] Last: at some point the invalidate rect trick may fail you, if you get into ... (by jonnin)
by volang
Shell commands from c++ without creating a new process every time?

Is there a way to run shell commands from c++ without creating a new process every time? E.g. have a connection open and send and receive data
[2 replies] Last: or & system("command1 & command2"); it may be possible to start a hea... (by jonnin)
by Alley
best way to configure / implement .NET web api, docker, mssql server

I come from an old way of doing this where we had connection strings in web.config or app.config. I'd like to redo one of my apps to take advantage of docker bu...
[1 reply] : I have no idea how to run .NET applications in a Docker container. But... (by kigar64551)
Convert string to double

Good day! :3 Some time ago I had an issue with converting NaNs: https://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/279382 https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages/issues/9...
[8 replies] Last: Note that with std::from_chars(), leading white space is not ignored! (by seeplus)
Performance of memcpy() vs. "direct" memory access

Hello, I am working on a project where we need to compute the MD5 hash of a large block of memory (e.g. several GB of data in the RAM) on a regular basis to ma...
[8 replies] Last: That sounds right. These 'new' instructions are... really nice. (by jonnin)
Callback procedures in Child Windows

Do you have to have a separate callback procedure for each window you create? In other words, if I have a main window with callback WinProc, and then create a ...
[3 replies] Last: Here are some tutorials I've recently posted that would answer your qu... (by freddie1)
  Archived months: [nov2021] [jan2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.