Articles - 2009 archive (Page 2)

NOTICE: This forum is now permanently closed.
No new threads can be created.

To post a new article, please visit the Articles section at http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/.

Named Pipes for data exchange in Windows Vista

Author: Yuri Maxiutenko, Software Developer of Apriorit Inc. This article is devoted to the question about working with services and applications in Windo...
[no replies]
Interaction between services and applications of user level in Windows Vista

Author: Yuri Maxiutenko, Software Developer of Apriorit Inc. This article is devoted to the question about working with services and applications in Windo...
[no replies]
Prefer std solutions over hand written copycats

Admittedly there are many tutorials around for beginners. The purpose of this article is not to provide yet another. Instead its purpose is to make a case f...
[5 replies] Last: I added a comment to the example explaining the point of operator< use... (by kempofighter)
by Zaita
Multi-Dimensional Arrays

This is another topic we get asked quite a bit. - How do I do a 2D/3D Array? When I also started working with multi-dimensional arrays I found it hard to fi...
[9 replies] Last: Use the Boost Multidimensional Array Library: http://www.boost.org/do... (by Polter)
C++ Automatic Calculator

Just try it and let me know what you think! #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> using namespace std; float a,c,n; char b,d; float addizione(float a,...
[14 replies] Last: Thank you very much, it was right in front of me and i just couldn't s... (by crodino911)
by rdev5
clear.cpp

For Cygwin users without a simple clear command on Win32: // clear.cpp #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char a=27u; ...
[2 replies] Last: I might as well do this one next... (Now that I can get back to it.) ... (by Duthomhas)
by rdev5
Reading user input as strings with getchar()

Safer alternative to scanf() for reading user input as strings: #include <iostream> using namespace std; #define MAXINPUTLEN 64 int main() { ...
[6 replies] Last: Actually, though, now that I think about it, char* buf = 0; sca... (by jsmith)
by rdev5
C++ Pointer Basics (Part 1)

Note: While reading through this short overview of pointers in C++, you will find some code samples that are given to help illustrate and document the concepts...
[4 replies] Last: When we are talking about pointers, is there anything about function... (by riffraff)
by rdev5
Get IP address of target hostname

Some code I came up with during the conception of my early C++ experience and learning. Going on three weeks now (I think). This little program will grab the IP...
[no replies]
by Bazzy
How to post a new topic

I had some users who at first didn't know how to post on a forum so I decided to write this article Creating a New Discussion 0. Be sure you have rea...
[1 reply] : Very nice, good work Bazzy. Now if only we could sticky this on the be... (by Mythios)
How to make something to loop forever. (1,2)

If you want to make something to loop forever use either for(;;){ //put the code you want to loop forever here. } or int temp = 0; while (temp...
[23 replies] Last: Inside the code or from the OS? Inisde the code you can use "break;", ... (by Scipio)
by Zaita
Using cin to get user input. (1,2)

Too many questions keep popping up with the same problem. How do I get user input from cin using >> into X type. Using the >> operator opens you up to alot of p...
[23 replies] Last: Update: Added information about cin not removing newline characters an... (by Zaita)
by Zaita
Compilers, IDEs, Debuggers and the Jazz

Another article to cover a very common topic. Often questions come up like: - What IDE can I use? - What compilers are there? - What <insert> is the best? ...
[10 replies] Last: Oh yeah, I see what you mean. That still would technically be a patche... (by Mythios)
Keep the console open long enough to see your program's output

Press any key to continue . . . This is typically a problem on Windows, caused by really dumb IDEs that don't know enough to keep the console open after th...
[1 reply] : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - OS-specific ways - - - - - - - - -... (by Duthomhas)
by chris
A bit of bitwise

This is just a little handy structure defining a variable type & a simple operator overload, to get a bit value from a string. First things first we declare ...
[3 replies] Last: Oddly enough firedraco I used to always use C++ iostream, I just seem ... (by chris)
by pkjena
Database Connection using C++ code

Hi, i want to write an application using pure C++ code . Here i'hv to use MS Access as Database. So all database functionalities ( i.e adding,retrieving,mo...
[no replies]
Year 2009 Pages: 12
  Archived years: [2008 archive] [2010 archive]

Cannot post in this page. To post a new message, go to the first page.