C++ Book For Begginers

I've decided to let go of learning the C programming language and learn C++.
Can anyone recommend me a good book aimed at beginners that have never programmed before and will teach C++ the proper way without any mistakes and is easy for a beginner to follow.

Thank you and i will appreciate any answers

PS I tried learning C++ in the past from book but it was to hard to follow i used books likes Accelerated C++ and Thinking in C++ which were to hard for me to follow and had a fast paste to it.
The only book that i found that worked well was C++ Primer 6th Edition but then on chapter 3 i think i couldn't use the Sales.Item class because of my compiler and tried everything to fix it but couldn't do it
Last edited on
I came in to recommend C++ Primer actually. You shouldn't pass on it just because you couldn't get that one example to work.

Do you understand what the example is doing by looking at the code? If so, skip it, or write your own version of it.
The Sales.Item class is required for the exercises I understand what it teaches me but the examples use Sales.Item and exercises use Sale.Item I cant just skip it if i do ill have a big gap in my knowledge

Any recommendations for other books ????
The only other beginner book I read was Beginning Visual C++ 2010. There's also a new one for VC++ 2012.

It's pretty good if you want to learn C++ and also learn your way around Visual Studio and the different project types.
Thank you any more suggestion from other people will be appreciated
c++ primer 5th ed. I learn a lot.
JLBorges, how does that relate to my question?
what question? He was responding to the OP I'm pretty sure.
Last edited on
I could use more book suggestions :D
Something easy and friendly for begginers
a free and beginner friendly e-book: http://it-ebooks.info/book/3586/
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.