not compiling SOLVED

closed account (367kGNh0)
ISSUE SOLVED. IGNORE!

(I switched to an IDE called zinjal, works great!!)
Last edited on
what OS?
Are you running as administrator (windows)? or generally have permissions to do things?
It sounds like maybe you opened a console that was not as admin or similar problems.
Rascake, this probably is your issue:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6875403/cannot-open-output-file-permission-denied

See the top two answers for possible ways to resolve it.

willll wrote:
check that "filename.exe" is not running, I guess you are using Microsoft Windows, in that case you can use either Task Manager or Process Explorer : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653 to kill "filename.exe" before trying to generate it.
Sam wrote:
I have encountered the same problem you have. I found that it may have some relationship with the way you terminate your run result. When you run your code, whether it has a printout, the debugger will call the console which print a "Press any key to continue...". If you terminate the console by pressing key, it's ok; if you do it by click the close button, the problem comes as you described. When you terminate it in the latter way, you have to wait several minutes before you can rebuild your code.

@jonnin, mingw implies windows. (whether it's 7, 8 or 10 probably shouldn't matter).
Last edited on
winx seems to differentiate between a normal cmd prompt and an administrative one (maybe older win did too, but I don't recall it behaving the same as it does now). I was wondering if that was a possible cause as it sounded like permissions issues. I was unaware of the ghost process issue as I always run from a true console and don't close those out.
Last edited on
Fair enough, could be some win10 issue, I never bothered installing dev-C++ on win10.
Rascake, PLEASE DO NOT DELETE YOUR QUESTION AFTER IT IS SOLVED.
You ruin any chance of your post possibly helping others.

Part of your original post looked like this:
Dev-c++ not compiling
'cannot output file, access to mingw denied' How do I fix this? I really was looking forward to beginning c++ basics.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.