I need help here

I just asked those questions, but I need the feedback, and I did not find it available, someone knows the feedback of this material so that I can correct it. thank you.

1)
By assuming only two possible values ​​for its unit content, Boolean algebra allowed a series of associations for its comprehension.

Given the truth table below,

X Y?
0 0 0
1 0 0
0 1 0
1 1 1
The result that produces these values, which is symbolized by a query will be:

Alternatives:

The)
X + Y

B)
X. Y

W)
X - Y

(d)
X + NOT Y

and)
X. Y + Y

2)
By assuming only two possible values ​​for its unit content, Boolean algebra allowed a series of associations for its comprehension.

X Y?
0 0 0
1 0 1
0 1 1
1 1 1

Alternatives:

The)
X + Y

B)
X. Y

W)
X-Y

(d)
X + NOT Y

and)
X. Y + X

3)

X Y X NOTY
0 0 X
1 0 Y
0 1 Z
1 1 T
The resulting representation by X NOT Y:, tick the correct completing sequence and respectively the table with the truth values ​​of x, y, z, t.

Alternatives:

The)

B)

W)

(d)

and)

4)

X Y X. Y + X
0 0 x
1 0 y
0 1 z
1 1 t
The resulting representation by: X. Y + X, tick the correct completing sequence and respectively the table with the truth values ​​of x, y, z, t.

Alternatives:

The)

B)

W)

(d)

and)

5)

Banca UFMT - Politec- MT, 2017 (adapted)

Consider the truth table below, where in the first two columns are the truth values ​​of two propositions A and B.
Consider that V is used for true proposition and F for false proposition.
Mark the correct completing sequence and, respectively, the table with the truth values ​​of x, y, z, t.

Alternatives:

The)
V, F, V, V

B)
V, F, F, F

W)
F, V, V, F

(d)
F, V, F, V

and)
V, V, V, V

6)
Logic is the science of reasoning or thinking.

X Y?
0 0 1
1 0 1
0 1 1
1 1 0

Alternatives:

The)
X OR Y

B)
X AND Y

W)
X XOR Y

(d)
X NAND Y

and)
X NOR Y

7)

X Y?
0 0 0
1 0 1
0 1 1
1 1 0

Alternatives:

The)
X OR Y

B)
X AND Y

W)
X XOR Y

(d)
X NAND Y

and)
X NOR Y

8)

X Y X OR Y NAND Y
0 0 X
1 0 Y
0 1 Z
1 1 T
The resulting representation by X OR Y NAND Y:, tick the correct completing sequence and respectively the table with the truth values ​​of x, y, z, t.

Alternatives:

The)

B)

W)

(d)

and)

9)

X Y X AND Y NOR X
0 0 X
1 0 Y
0 1 Z
1 1 T
The resulting representation by: X AND Y NOR X, tick the correct completing sequence and respectively the table with the truth values ​​of x, y, z, t.

Alternatives:

The)

B)

W)

(d)

and)

10)

X Y?
0 0 1
1 0 0
0 1 0
1 1 0

Alternatives:

The)
X OR Y

B)
X AND Y

W)
X XOR Y

(d)
X NAND Y

and)
X NOR Y
no, we won't do your homework for you.
I will get you started a little.
What does 'and' even mean? If you have something that is the truth, and something else that is the truth, you have the truth, right? The sky is blue AND dirt is brown. True! The sky is blue and the sky is pink. One true, one false, but the overall statement is nonsense, its false. And in boolean works the same way. 0 (false) and 0 (false) is false. 0 and (1) is false (pink and blue again). 1 and 1 is true (blue and brown example). So what is the answer to the first one? Or works the same way, as in english... the sky is blue or the sky is pink, that is true in english, right? Works the same way with 1s and zeros.

Now go do your homework.
I'm more interested in what X - Y means in boolean algebra. I don't remember that in my textbook! Unless we're talking about set subtraction ( http://www.mathwords.com/s/set_subtraction.htm ).
Maybe you should read your book...
Could be a bogus multiple choice answer or something his class/book defines. Its nothing I recognize either; in search engines it means not: x - y means (with x, without y)
.. + ive seen as 'or' and * ive seen as 'and'.
if you do a TT for it
0-1 = -1 = true?
0-0 = 0 = false
1-0 = 1 = true
1-1 = 0 = false
looks like xor if you do it that way. But its very weird.
You're right, addition and subtraction in that way are like XOR.
Another way of saying that is "In a finite field with characteristic 2, addition modulo 2, subtraction modulo 2, and XOR are identical." ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite_field_arithmetic#Addition_and_subtraction )

Because -1 ≡ 1 (mod 2) and also (for addition) 1 + 1 = 2 ≡ 0 (mod 2).
But that's a bit outside the scope of booleans :P
Last edited on
Or is + if you dont % though.
0+0 = 0
0+1 = 1
1+0 = 1
1+1 = 2/ still 'c++' true

That field stuff quickly becomes mind blowing. Pretty sure the intro class from the OP isnt going down THAT road lol.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.