how can i create a txt files without Windows Defender problems?

i'm using Windows 10...
my program create a txt file, but if the Windows Defender is activated, the file is deleted...
everytime that i create a new program i must add an exception on Windows Defender....
can i create the text file without Windows Defender interference?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security
You can exclude folders as well.

Specifically, you could exclude your entire project development hierarchy.
"Specifically, you could exclude your entire project development hierarchy."
how?
what i know is disable the Windows Defender
you should exclude not only your project directory but also VS directory, SDK directory and just all the directories that get involved in development. every sane developer will recommend you that, to speed up your build, debug and compile time.

That's just one of the many steps to optimize your development environment among others such as, precompiled headers for faster intellisense, must have VS extensions etc...

In Windows defender there is an option to exclude directories or processes.
Last edited on
but if i use the program on other pc with Windows Defender, i will get the same problem :(
Yes windows defender is well known to cause a lot of hidden problems for intellisense, debug, build and compile times.

if you mean of just running a program on another PC then not, you don't need to do anything.
but my program can create a txt file... and the file is deleted by Windows Defender
How do you know the file is deleted by windows defender?
have you tested running a program without debugger?
I prefer Malwarebytes. Any good anti-virus/anti-malware program is going to have an option where it registers itself with the OS, and it "replaces" Windows Defender. Windows Defender will show that it's not scanning since there's another program already doing that.
Is defender deleting the files?

Or just quarantining them?
https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+defender+quarantine+location
malibor and salem... yes i have sure.
i know, i have sure, that the Windows Defender is deleting the file, because:
- if Windows Defender is activated, the file isn't created(ok... it's created but then deleted);
- if Windows Defender is disabled(yes i know do it), the file is created without problems

zapshe: me too... in time i must change it ;)
Cambalinho you should report this to VS team with report tool in visual studio.

Did you exclude your development environment in Windows defender? that should do the trick, if not just disable real time protection service while working in VS.
¿and what to do when he releases his program?
can't say «user, disable windows defender to run my program, totally not a virus.»
can't say «user, disable windows defender to run my program, totally not a virus.»

Tell that to 90% of torrents
ok.. i have Malwarebytes working... that will resolve my problem... but if i share my program, the user will get the same problem :(
i use CodeBlocks with GNU\GCC compiler.... unless the compiler have an option for avoid that problem and i don't know it
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.