is it possible if I scanf in agrc and agrv ?

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int max(int n, int n2)
{
	int a,b;
	if(n > n2)
	{
		b = n;
	}
	else
	{
		b = n2;
	}
}
int main (int argc, char *argv[])
{
	scanf("%d", &argc);

n = argc;
	printf("%d\n", argc);
	printf("%d\n", argv[0]);
	printf("%s \n", argv[0]);
	for( int i= 0; i< argc; i++)
	{
		printf("argv[%d] = %s\n", argv[i]);
	}

return 0;
}

just as the title say I try to use scanf to input the integer without using any text but the execute didn't go as hope for.

if this argc and argv need a text or program how do I make one?
or do I need to put the function first so the argc and argv work ? if so how do I do that ?
Last edited on
Can you restate what you're actually trying to do, without getting into the specifics of argc/argv/scanf? Generally, there should be no reason for you to change what's in argc/argv. Those are for arguments passed in externally by command line.

Are you just trying to pass in command-line arguments to your program? That's what argc and argv are for.
e.g. if you run
my_program arg1 arg2
then argc will == 3, and argv[0] == "my_program", argv[1] == "arg1", and argv[2] == "arg2".

Or are you just trying to get the user to input a number or string? If so, why use argc/argv at all?

printf("argv[%d] = %s\n", argv[i]);
This is incorrect, your format specifiers don't match the arguments you're giving.

You want:
printf("argv[%d] = %s\n", i, argv[i]);
Last edited on
remember that the first location of argv are beyond your control, holding the program's name.
it sounds like you want atoi or atof.
double d = atof(argv[3]); //d is now the numeric value of the text passed in
int i = atoi(argv[2]); //i is the integer value from text.

(I feel like clippy... it looks like this is what you want, is this what you want?)
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.