Beginners - April 2015

by Lito
Issues compiling

Okay so my program would compile and work fine when I used codeblocks at school but when I use QT or the codeblocks I have at home it no longer works. I believe...
[2 replies] Last: Line 38 messed me up had a parameter the changed values in there (by Lito)
by azoom
array with a string?

Hi, I need to create an array with a loop. I want to ask for an input then search the array for that number, whatever number it is it will spit back out that a...
[3 replies] Last: std::cout class << "Please enter the class number: "; std::cin >> ; ... (by closed account 2LzbRXSz)
help with checking uppercase, lower, and number.

Write your question here. I am trying to make a password verifier. When i try to check for an uppercase, lower case or number if does read it. I Think it rea...
[4 replies] Last: @shadowCODE, I am also trying your code too. (by Justabluetaco)
Password validation program

I am completely lost within the function I have to make a program that has at least 7 to 8 characters on lower case , one upper case and one number can someone ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks :D i was able to figure it out last night but this also helps t... (by Raakfal)
Desperate need of help - willing to pay

delete
[1 reply] : I don't really understand what you are having trouble with. Be more cl... (by hyperfine)
C-style String how

My C++ class is going over C-style strings and working with pointers. I'm to write a function that has three parameters: a char * s1, a const char * s2, and a s...
[no replies]
warning C4047: '=' : 'char' differs in levels of indirection from 'char [1]'

Write your question here. I'm keep getting this warning on line lettersGuessed: warning C4047: '=' : 'char' differs in levels of indirection from 'char ' My...
[1 reply] : lettersGuessed is a char , but "" is a c-string. To fix, do lett... (by Smac89)
by HG319
How many differently shaped n-node binary search trees are possible

Was hoping someone can help me with this problem: How many differently shaped n-node binary trees are possible? How many differently shaped n-node binary se...
[no replies]
Using c-strings.

How can you read from a file a line of words (sentence) using c-strings? Let's say you have a character array and then inside a text file is a group of sentence...
[3 replies] Last: Well, it depends on your input: If you have a file with words delimite... (by koothkeeper)
How do I learn C++ ?

do I learn C++ by only reading a book ? (can you suggest me a book ?), can I learn C++ by only watching YT videos? How do I learn C++ ?
[4 replies] Last: I'm taking a class, but Bucky's YouTube videos really helped me unders... (by catpokemon)
logic proglems - trying to output asterisks but it's in infinite loop - please help it is due soon

My program is supposed to take user input of names and numerical values and then display it with console art (asterisks) It saves it all to a text file and can ...
[no replies]
Repetition Structure Help

Hi, I'm in my first semester of C++, and I'm having trouble with a program. I need to write a program that reads numbers one by one from a text file, check whe...
[7 replies] Last: Alright, this version looks a lot better than my old one. { ifstrea... (by GigaBatz)
Array output

Hello guys. I have a problem on this little program. Basically, I want to read an array and invert its the elements so if the input is [a; b; c] the output will...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks a lot guys! (by wookietookie)
Constructor with default empty parameters

Hello. What's the right way to do this? //Constructor Laptop::Laptop(string model, double price, string manafacturer = "", string CPU = "", string RAM = ...
[13 replies] Last: http://herbsutter.com/2013/05/09/gotw-1-solution/ http://en.cpprefere... (by keskiverto)
malloc() realloc() memset() free()

vector.h //header #ifndef vECTOR_h # define vECTOR_h # include <string.h> # include <stdio.h> # include <stdlib.h> typedef int...
[no replies]
Vectors problem

Hello. This is my problem: http://i.imgur.com/usZl8kP.png How do I do the sorting of both vectors? Here's what I have so far: #include<iostream> #incl...
[1 reply] : Any hints? (by mighty asker)
by relgin
How to create a data file?

I will be designing a program where the user enters the name of a data file. The file will contain data for the engine of a rocket. How do I create this dat...
[5 replies] Last: Once again, please read http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/ (by minomic)
by savanh
question

hello, i dont know why the delet fun dosent run!! please need your help. #include<iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; class su{ public:...
[1 reply] : As soon as I popped it into Xcode I got ten whole error messages, so l... (by closed account 2LzbRXSz)
double pointer assignment

I am having trouble understanding why we need double pointer assignment. I looked at this link http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5580761/why-use-double-pointe...
[1 reply] : Because for a return value via the argument list you need to pass the... (by ajh32)
password and username check in Game

Hi Guys, I'm currently trying to make a game with register system and log-in system. I've already got the register done but I'm still stuck on reading username ...
[1 reply] : Are you saying that you want to validate the username and password mat... (by ajh32)
April 2015 Pages: 123... 52
  Archived months: [mar2015] [may2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.