Beginners - March 2015

Fill auto incrementing arrays

Hi there I am trying to create two arrays of 10000 doubles. The goal is to have one count from 0 to 10000, and have the other count down from 10000 to 0 ...
[9 replies] Last: hmmm closed and opened....it worked... Much appreciated! (by monparlour)
multithreading and launch parameter

My book is trying to explain the use of async() in multithreading. The book says that launch::deferred as a parameter in async() runs function calculate...
[no replies]
Hw problem, algorithm with binaryheap

Alright i've been trying to figure this out for a while now. I'm trying to do the first step of my homework, this is what it says. "Read in the file “Romeo...
[2 replies] Last: I believe the error is in regards to your missing semicolon. (by fg109)
unresolved external symbol problems

I am trying to access the SetUp object that I made from another class, but I am getting these errors : 1>SetUp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ...
[2 replies] Last: I did that but now I am getting an error in my main.cpp file at l.20(s... (by AmazingBKaiser)
Polling Application

Trying to figure out a Polling program. The program has 5 questions that get asked to upto 10 users. You rank the questions by importance, 1 - 10. At the end...
[2 replies] Last: Not quite sure how to do that. This is my first programming course an... (by chris23balln)
Difference between CodeBlocks and Visual C++ in syntax?

I use codblocks and am a beginner programmer, and find codeblocks to be simple. I see some people that use visual studio to use things like system(pause) and st...
[3 replies] Last: On Windows the console window often close down as soon as the program ... (by Peter87)
lldb error, won't run to completion?

Okay, so I'm trying to create a program to calculate pay for a parking deck. It has to have functions to complete each separate task, so it reads in times, calc...
[2 replies] Last: Done! (by mjacobsSP)
by Sev
Bad Code or Bad Computer

This code came from a book called "Beginning C++ Through Game Programming" by Michael Dawson" and the book has a set of codes and the software he used to create...
[5 replies] Last: There is a play button in visual studio, you can click that button to ... (by Psoon)
This is a HW problem and im confused why my brackets are errors. line 96 i believe. Thank you.

Write your question here. I don't understand what im doing wrong... I set it to define the last 3 functions and it keeps giving me errors. // MenuLoop.cpp ...
[2 replies] Last: I see you don't like magic variables. I give you : MAGIC VARIABLES: ... (by Psoon)
creating base classes from name in file as read

hi, I'm creating a program that takes data http://football-data.co.uk/mmz4281/1415/E0.csv ad so far have removed the data i don't want, and want to use inheri...
[5 replies] Last: What shadowCODE posted is your best bet for doing that. You can't crea... (by jheard901)
Dynamic Array

I'm trying to put together a program where the user enters the numbers in an array and then another function does some operations with the numbers entered. ...
[4 replies] Last: First why do you need a dynamic array? You stated the maximum number o... (by jlb)
How to generate random numbers on intervals

Is there any basic formula? Id like to know how do i random up numbers on interval (-201,201) and [-205,205)
[2 replies] Last: So, basically as was just described it would look something like this:... (by jheard901)
User defined power function?

Hi, I have coded this program. #include <iostream> #include <math.h> using namespace std; int main() { double x=0, y=0, v=0; cout<<"Enter...
[8 replies] Last: Well, to get you started with making the function: int n(int x, int... (by jheard901)
by Jhax
Reading from an ifstream using a while loop

Hey guys just a quick question that has been bugging me with some of my code. I've just been testing while loops with some of my code. The code that I'm writin...
[2 replies] Last: You should also consider using getline() instead of get(), then you wo... (by jlb)
Please explain the difference between the two codes

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int x ; for(int i=0; i<10; i++) {x =i;} for(int i=0; i<10 && (x !=0); ...
[3 replies] Last: Oh yea...how did I miss it! (by Knightrider29)
Problem with function call:

I have to write a program that ask user to enter hours in one function. I need to validate in another function outside main. When I run my program, it does no...
[2 replies] Last: Koopey, thank you for help. (by abcdefghijkl)
How to group every 4 lines of a .txt file into an array?

Hey everybody! Basically, I need to group sets of 4 lines into one Song instance. There are three Songs in total, but the array is supposed to support 10 of th...
[1 reply] : I really don't understand why you think you need a stringstream to rea... (by jlb)
Outputting message log in a loop with multiple functions?

My assignment involves outputting 10 flights (numbered 0-9 through an array) and their corresponding seats booked. Originally they all had 0 seats booked, then ...
[5 replies] Last: I'd guess the problem is that some headers are larger than the tab siz... (by coder777)
cout error

No matter how many times I compile or run, "hello world" is not printed, but another program using the same compiler on the same system runs cout. Whats the err...
[4 replies] Last: @Peter87 Tried as your suggestion but didnt work. It has no effect at ... (by Suga456)
2-D Arrays

Hi guys, I'm trying to write a text-based adventure game. The basic gist is that I create a layout with different rooms, each numbered starting with 0. In a...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you! (by g0d1msh0rt)
March 2015 Pages: 123... 51
  Archived months: [feb2015] [apr2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.