Beginners - May 2015

Factorials - Classic Recursion Example

Im having a difficult time understanding HOW exactly the factorial based recursion example works. The example is given in the tutorials section of this website ...
[5 replies] Last: Arslan, exactly. (by Ispil)
Overload getline

Well, i have to do this for university and i don't find on google how to do the getline overload, i don't know if the code's class is right or if i'm not doing ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, gracias, ya estaba volviendome loca pensando en como hacerlo (by pertenezcoaselg)
Help with Gillespie algorithm

Hello, I am doing a project which will use a Gillespie algorithm. I am new to coding in general but can do simple things. I have been trying to find examples...
[1 reply] : This looks like you can port this into C++ http://lennarthilbert.com/... (by Bdanielz)
Splitting a string

I want be able to input a string such as "box 3 4 5" and then assign each of the 4 items to a new variable to do calculations (volume, surface area). I'm new t...
[4 replies] Last: If you look at the declaration of operator>> you'll see it returns a r... (by andywestken)
by Winsu
Can not resolve overloaded on template

I'm trying to know which one is the bigger value at any type, for that propouse I have done a template, and I'm using a member function to resolve which one is...
[4 replies] Last: I'm using type_info to resolve what you suggested before, but now I'm ... (by Winsu)
help

hey guys i need a hand here i'm kind of bad in c++ and i can't figure out how to write this program .... Write a C++ program for the following game: • The ...
[1 reply] : generate random numbers: http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/14057... (by mutexe)
Program skipping lines of code for no apparent reason

I'm currently writing a program to manage a database of math textbooks for a class I'm taking, however the program is doing some funky things and I have no idea...
[5 replies] Last: I tried messing around with the code in the loop, but to no avail, it ... (by Kabbage318)
by IlyaB
Problem with rotation matrices

Hey! I have to create a class for 2D rotation matrix and overload operators +, -, *, / and scalar multiplication for it. No problems with the code but there is ...
[no replies]
Requirements of if and else if statements

I am preparing for an exam in my Intro to C++ class and one thing I have to know if the requirements of an if statement, and requirements of an else if statemen...
[3 replies] Last: I guess what I'm looking for is something more like: An if statement ... (by imdjluis)
Placement new input issue

I'm stumped with a question. I wrote out an answer but it doesn't seem to be working. The inputs aren't the same as the outputs: it gives me some weird symbols ...
[3 replies] Last: Is there anything wrong with my workings? Using placement new with a... (by andywestken)
NetBeans not recognizing "cout"..Please Help!

I have not even really started to learn c++. I am still trying to setup NetBeans properly so I can practice/learn. It took me forever to get MiniGW and MSYS con...
[7 replies] Last: newfile1.c++: In function 'int main()': newfile1.c++:4:5: error: 'cou... (by ne555)
Why is this not working?

So I just started learning c++ and i just tried making a simple adding calculator. When I run it it says there is an unexpected ; before the int. What is wrong ...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you for the help (by IronCladMoon)
Sort Numbers in Ascending order using Array | C++

This is an assignment My teacher gave me and to be true I am a dumbo. Last time she thought me how to Find Largest number in a array of five. Now she has give...
[5 replies] Last: Hey NafeesOnly , since you are in college you know what's a great way... (by closed account yR9wb7Xj)
by muruy
Reverse a text file from input to output

Okay, so I have this code, and i need to modify if so that input file will be reversed in the output file... I thought about adding a string, but i don't know h...
[1 reply] : The easiest way is to convert your buffer to a std::string and use a r... (by koothkeeper)
Binary Files

So the thing is... I copyed content from a text file to a binary file. Text file has 86 lines, one word in each line. After copying the content from text fil...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks alot, Works. (by GuitarMan)
make edit to file

hey everyone, i facing a problem in editing 5 rows of information in a file i want to make edit in user's choice and make changes to the file i try so many ...
[3 replies] Last: the code is supposed to edit a row of information inside a file , but ... (by asdfgh4600)
file editing

I opened the already existing file in it . I want make some changes in it . Ios append will write at end .. How to edit at middle of file how to approach at t...
[2 replies] Last: thankyou ... :) (by arsalan khawaja)
by g52
Curses/Python - How to edit predefined string

How to please insert predefined name of INPUT items ? My efforts: (info: the character "_" is cursor) def Edit_Item(stdscr, item_name) stdscr.addstr(1, 2...
[4 replies] Last: No ;-) This is exactly what I need to do in python/curses. Demonstra... (by g52)
Setting up code::blocks to use a library

I am a self taught occasional hobby programmer who wants to get up to speed with C++ and libraries like SDL using CodeBlocks. I do have C code experience having...
[6 replies] Last: Well, personally I use GLFW paired with OpenGL for graphics. GLFW is a... (by rlc4)
Too many files for game?

Ok obviously this is going to be my first game right. It's going to be a text based - rpg. I'm going to begin working on this project as soon as I feel im ready...
[10 replies] Last: To be honest, the fact that you are asking "How many files will I need... (by rlc4)
May 2015 Pages: 123... 40
  Archived months: [apr2015] [jun2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.