Beginners - May 2015 (Page 2)

by Crogn
user defined objects

I want to know if its possible to make objects in a loop depending on user input. For example say I want to ask the user if he wants to add another fruit and th...
[4 replies] Last: and with out vectors #include <iostream> class fruit { public: /... (by Bdanielz)
by Winsu
Bool array constructor

I want ot overload operator & and | to do operations with bytes( probrably there will be away using a specific function from any library, but I want to do like ...
[5 replies] Last: Calling a function is not initializing an array. You must call the fu... (by cire)
search for last name in text file, then output the whole line in the console.

Below is the code snippet that I need some help trying to figure out why my output is not what it should be. All commented out lines are lines used for other fu...
[5 replies] Last: Hate to tell you this but that is a bad way to do it. What if you hav... (by SamuelAdams)
Findin the smallest number and largest number from a list of random numbers generated

Hi all, I'm new here and this forum has been a great help! Unfortunately, I'm not able to find the answer to my issue here or anywhere else on the web. I wa...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you so much @Bdanielz! You solved it! I was completely lost to... (by Brian2705)
Window Graphics Errors

How do I correct the following errors?: 1>------ Build started: Project: C12Window, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ 1> Window.cpp 1>c:\users\phztfte1\docum...
[no replies]
Header Errors

Write your question here. How do I correct the following errors? 1>------ Build started: Project: C12Window, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ 1> C12Window.c...
[7 replies] Last: Here is the Point header: #ifndef POINT_GUARD #define POINT_GUARD /... (by phztfte1)
What I would like to know?

Hi everyone, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only beginner that would like to know these following questions. What got you into programming or what motivated you? W...
[6 replies] Last: I did answer your questions. You have to read for them. (by Duthomhas)
help with my code in C

I know, this page is about programing in c++ but c and c++ are little equal, and my question is simple, I read 2 int, int x and int c, x is a value and c is t...
[10 replies] Last: the only operations that I can do are ! ~ ^ & | + << >> Tha... (by keskiverto)
inputFile & struct

I am having trouble with reading in information from a .txt file using ifstream. The text file contains: KNIFE JACK 1.3 6.0 5.1 6.3 5.9 6.5 WILLIAMSON FLIP A...
[3 replies] Last: The problem you're having it due to the mix of operator>> with getline... (by andywestken)
by Winsu
My destructor doesnt work

I am trying to set an static member in a class to count how many object that class has, but as well I want to set a destructor in case I delete any object...the...
[3 replies] Last: upss, Sorry for bothering with stuff of a distracted guy. Thanks a lo... (by Winsu)
by FASI
Need help with A data managment system

hello people!!! i am trying to make a simple term project of crime management system.Where i want to add,remove and edit data....save the enterrde data and the...
[3 replies] Last: There is a particular header file for that in c++ fstream which helps ... (by cyberdude)
Unexpected test results?

Hello. I wrote a program to test which is faster: a static_cast + a enum check or a dynamic_cast. It basically averages however many tests of however many objec...
[6 replies] Last: With single simple inheritance, the static down-cast has no run-time o... (by JLBorges)
not compiling ( solve question )

solved
[2 replies] Last: i found it, the function call was wrong for addshipmnt thanks a lot i... (by asdfgh4600)
by ZeHgS
Pointer undefined even thought it should be

Hello, I have something like this. Why is lastItem undefined? Is this not the correct syntax? Menu* CreateItem() { Menu* menuPointer = new Menu; ...
[4 replies] Last: OMG, thank you so much! You were right, it only seemed to work but act... (by ZeHgS)
by Atton
Readling Large Files

I've been trying to figure out a way to read files that are larger than a computers system memory. I've sort of been able to do it with the bastardization of co...
[5 replies] Last: An example? (by Atton)
by Oigo
How do you loop or wrap numbers around for calendar?

Write your question here. How do i wrape numbers around in my calandar I have been working on this program for hours and cannot find out how to make the ...
[9 replies] Last: Please format your code using the <> tool on the right hand side. That... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by wolfv
error: expected ')' before '*' token

I thought this would be simple, but I am stuck. What could be causing this error? main.cpp: #include "Code.h" #include "Key_1Code.h" int main() { } Code.h...
[2 replies] Last: Right you are. Thanks for your help giblit! (by wolfv)
How to Copy Ascii Art without Distortion

I was wondering if there is a way to successfully copy ascii art without out the spaces being distorted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to ...
[2 replies] Last: Copy it from where? (into either Notepad or a Visual Studio...) Andy (by andywestken)
Need copy only alphabetic from a string to new string by themselves.

I think this code fails to operate properly because of some iteration error on my part. Please advise how I may correct this code. And, don't worry, I am not a ...
[5 replies] Last: That worked very well. Thank you again, whitenite1. (by pmwright)
by Winsu
Must take void overloading operator !

I though that overloading an operator when It is a member of a class what return in a member of the class but overloading this operator ! the compiler says that...
[1 reply] : Resolved: It cant take an argument.... (by Winsu)
May 2015 Pages: 1234... 40
  Archived months: [apr2015] [jun2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.