Beginners - April 2016 (Page 3)

c++ looping string array

We would like to question about the condition of for loop that can make us store the 4th element in the string array'n' into another array called x so we want...
[1 reply] : You just need to increment the value of counter-variable "i" by 4. The... (by brijeshjain13)
Wrong display Calculation

Hi
[5 replies] Last: Original post: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main()... (by MrHutch)
Calculation error

Hi,
[4 replies] Last: Original code for reference: #include <iostream> using namespace st... (by MrHutch)
Loop shows last line instead of all relevant

i need my output to display both names of people who inputted the word "Fairytale" under UrType variable instead of only reading the last loop. i know i got los...
[4 replies] Last: Thanx a milli. It worked. (by silent one)
member selection operator program

Why this program is not working?? #include <iostream> #include<cstring> using namespace std; struct Employee{ char first_name ; }; int main() ...
[2 replies] Last: I did make some changes, and it worked. Thanks using namespace std;... (by rajhansk)
Final Exam Code

This is due tomorrow night and the code compiles but when I run the program fails to work. #include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #inc...
[1 reply] : What do yo mean by "fails to work"? In other words what do you expect ... (by tipaye)
C++ and Java

C++ is basic for learning Java..After learning C++ it is easy to learn Java, JSP, etc.. I have give few links to learn Both C++ and Java.. C++ http://www.cpl...
[no replies]
Adjacent list

I am trying to find out the adjacent list of my cities class. I did this function but there are a bug somewhere in the code. Can anybody suggest me what to d...
[1 reply] : There are several errors. Line 26: The type to push_back is std::lis... (by coder777)
by abeke
2048 game

#include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <cstdlib> #include <algorithm> using namespace std; void board(int numbers ){ system("cls"); ...
[6 replies] Last: sorry ,I do not know what you say,can you statement clearly ? Now... (by daguanqiao)
Cannot resolve overloaded function based on conversion to type

Hello everyone, I am testing a function--viz., "mymaximum," which is supposed to give me the maximum value contained in a specified array. However, I am getti...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, that makes sense. I simultaneously changed the scope of the decl... (by Pegasus1)
C++ Word Count Program (with sorts) Error

Trying to take a file and essentially write a program for a word counter, reading a line from a file and then extracting a word from the file, then proceeding t...
[no replies]
Keeping Score and Declaring a Winner Assistance

Creating a word game with players and rounds and then at the end it should total up the scores and declare a winner. Code has been solved. Code listed ...
[3 replies] Last: What exactly is that telling me I need to do to fix that? I don't kno... (by coder777)
What's wrong with this pointer?

So I'm breaking my head here. I've been reading up and down and I just can't figure out why my program crashes once I reach the setLoan function inside of the f...
[1 reply] : Hi, You don't seem to have defined any of the class functions :+) Do ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Trying to pass an Array into an argument as a pointer, but sumTINGwong

I am having trouble passing the array as an argument into the function, it is saying the "&" in the function call is a problem. But it works for normal variable...
[6 replies] Last: Here is the completed program / Assignment. Thank you for helping me u... (by Guardian2013)
Else if statements not working properly

Hey. So I am pretty new to C++ programming only been doing it for a few weeks now. I have a midterm soon and my instructor posted a practice problem I have been...
[3 replies] Last: Hey it works now! Thanks so much guys I appreciate it. (: (by alphamonkay)
DUNGEON CRAWLER HELP!!

I have just started with this dungeon crawler game and i am just trying to get the while loop to work. After i enter 'r', it will not print out the new grid. It...
[3 replies] Last: If you want the grid to be displayed in the loop, and you're wondering... (by cire)
overload error

Hello, so im getting overload function with no contextual type information at lines 124 & 131 . Any help would be appreciated #ifndef Guess_h #define Guess_...
[3 replies] Last: What are the down sides? and what are the benefits to using std:: W... (by TheIdeasMan)
All Prime Numbers in interval [2,n]

Hello everyone, My goal is to make a program that asks the user to input a positive integer n that is greater than 1. The program is then supposed to display a...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by Pegasus1)
C++ Composition Not Working?

The code keeps returning the values from the default constructor, instead of returning the values that were inputted by the user. So say the user inputs ABC...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you. Figured it out. This is what i ended up doing. int mai... (by ItsGary)
Question about bool and a loops in it

hello, sorry i'm a beginner to c++ programming so i don't really understand everything clearly. i've made a bool function and in it i have an if statement where...
[1 reply] : return transfers control back to the caller immediately, so if both br... (by helios)
April 2016 Pages: 12345... 43
  Archived months: [mar2016] [may2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.