Beginners - April 2016

Reviewing for a test, cant find these questions :S

My professor gave us an exam review, and I have done all of the questions and these were the questions I absolutely could not find. If anyone may know even one ...
[no replies]
Not sure how to fix these errors my code generate

done
[no replies]
Finding if day is a valid day in a specific month

I am struggling to write the if statement to find if a day is valid in a specific month. For example, April has 30 days so if the user inputs month as 4 and as ...
[2 replies] Last: Easiest way is to use an array to store the days. typedef unsigned ... (by Thomas1965)
I want this to say "I am laughing out loud"

So far this is only printing "laughing out loud, I want it to print the whole sentence if the input is: "I am LOL." I want it to say "I am laughing out loud" ...
[5 replies] Last: Can you post the code? (by Thomas1965)
If statement comparing string.at with char not working

if(inFile){ while(getline(inFile, line){ cout << "that"; for(int a = 3; a < line.length(); i++){ if(line.at(a) == '!'){ ...
[5 replies] Last: Does that for() loop ever end? Look closely at this line: for(int a ... (by jlb)
C1075- the left brace unmatched at the end of file

The left brace is matched at the end of the file. It must be something else. Here is the begimnning and end of the program: #include <iostream> #include...
[no replies]
Sort Function is not fully sorting array

The sort_words function is not fully sorting the array. When executed the first half looks sortedthen after that the array is just in random order. i...
[1 reply] : Don't leave out the prototypes of the functions and the includes that ... (by ne555)
Deleting text?

Hi, forum i search on google if there's any type of deleting text from cmd, for example: i write a lot of "car" and i want to delete the last 2 words or last 7 ...
[9 replies] Last: I resolved my problem, thanks also for those useful commands! (by CosminPerRam)
by Nami
identify an object in array

hi there, i'm writing a code that takes dates from the user in the form xx/xx/xxxx and convert it to integer and turn to object that belong to a class called ...
[no replies]
by setia
C++ to Pseudo code

Help me please, I don't really get how to write this into pseudo code. I need to submit this evening #include <iostream> using namespace std; int pangka...
[1 reply] : The link below was explained to you in the code below: http://www.cpl... (by chicofeo)
by setia
C++ to Pseudo code

Help me please, I don't really get how to write this into pseudo code. I need to submit this evening #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(...
[1 reply] : Pseudo code was explained to you at the link below: http://www.cplusp... (by chicofeo)
by setia
C++ to Pseudo code

Help me please, I don't really get how to write this into pseudo code. I need to submit this evening #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <cstd...
[2 replies] Last: Double Post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/190139/ Please, ... (by chicofeo)
by WestAU
Assistance With ENC/DEC in Memory from text file please..

I am wondering if someone can assist me with my request. I would like to allow a couple of people to work from home at times and login to our system with a spe...
[1 reply] : Apologies for requesting assistance in this way. I have read the rules... (by WestAU)
I am trying to replace an abbreviation in a line of text with the meaning written out..

I think I need to take out the pos >= 0, and use "if (pos != string::npos) { " but not even sure what that means. Here is what I have so far: #include <io...
[2 replies] Last: I thought it didn't go through the first time. Sorry about that. (by lalphin)
getting error C4700: uninitialized local variable

My issue is i am getting error C4700: uninitialized local variable 'response' used on line 26. I know it's probably something simple I'm completely missing ple...
[2 replies] Last: Awesome thank you for the help! :) (by SiliconPatriot)
Switch Statement Counting Different Characters

Hello, I am still fairly new to C++ and I have been having a lot of trouble with a certain code. I am supposed to be able to count the total characters in a str...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you all for your speedy replies, I have now got a working progra... (by AubreyN)
Need help with input file.

When I compile this program I do not receive an error message, but when I run it, the age and factor will not output. I have never wrote a program where the inp...
[7 replies] Last: Your file name is adujustFile, but what's the extension of the file? i... (by DeathLeap)
Graph Implemnetation

This method is find the city name and if is not find the city name just return null. The city name should be in the vector. City* Map::findByName(string cit...
[no replies]
by dj29
Infinite Loop?

The code was working fine until I added in a few arrays. Now an infinite loop occurs if the value of the for loop in the main () function is 12 or higher. ...
[4 replies] Last: This is A reason to avoid global variables. Take a look at line 7: in... (by chicofeo)
beginners frustration

Write a program that opens the file and reads all the numbers from the file. The file contains a list of random numbers. and calculate/determine the following: ...
[6 replies] Last: I am seeing a lot of if (inputFile) . To open the file: if (!input... (by chicofeo)
April 2016 Pages: 123... 43
  Archived months: [mar2016] [may2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.