Beginners - December 2018 (Page 19)

Ugh, error 2664 -- please help

I really am beginning to think this lab is going to kill me or drive me mad. I had a boatload of errors and was able to clear most of them up. One y'all helped...
[3 replies] Last: Yolanda, you are my hero. Honestly. (by cindl24)
how compare a string and a file name\folder?

the file folder name it's a string, so how can i compare a string with a file name? or C++ have another type? i want create a function(with same name but use d...
[8 replies] Last: and using: if (!File) std::cout << "Failed to open file" << std::endl... (by Cambalinho)
by Vrsa
Hello i need some help understanding

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int x ; int i; for (i = 0; i < 5; i++){ x = i; } cout << x << " "; return 0; ...
[1 reply] : Hi Vrsa, the issue is your program invokes undefined behavior , so th... (by Ganado)
by Bopaki
error: 'conversation' was not declared in this scope

Any help about this error would be appreciated because this code is exactly as it is in the textbook #include<iostream> //This is the definition for ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much Mwb. Its all fixed and the program runs very well!... (by Bopaki)
by yat89
error C2109: subscript requires array or pointer type

Hi everyone, I'm new to C++ programming. I got a task to sort students mark in ascending order using bubble sorting. The marks are given in the text file. I had...
[2 replies] Last: Hi yat89, Errors/warnings for your file: In function 'int main()': ... (by Ganado)
by bsr
Unhandled exception

I wrote an algorithm for matrix multiplication but I have a compiler error "Unhandled exception at 0x0FE8591C (msvcp140d.dll) in matriscarpim.exe: 0xC0000005: A...
[14 replies] Last: thank you so much! it works without any mistake. (by bsr)
reading data into arrays

Hello everyone! I would like to request some help with the following problem. I am supposed to read from a file some data, put them in the corresponding variab...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much!!! Actually Line 41 should be like: for (int i = ... (by aristeidis)
HELP ASAP

cant fix the syntax errors starting at 26 and parse errors, and also ISO C++ forbids declaration of `Answer_1' with no type <-- starting at 189 please help,...
[7 replies] Last: would you happen to know how i could make this into a i/o file ? Ra... (by dhayden)
Ouputting values from array

Good day everyone, thank all of you for your support, this has been the best site to improve my skills. I have this particular issue. Im required to create a fu...
[4 replies] Last: The code was an example of how your code should be modified if it were... (by Satan)
by Sheri
Header files and Implementation files

Hello, I am very new to C++ and this weeks class we had to do 5 files: Main.cpp Circle.cpp Square.cpp and then circle.h and square.h I was able to get ...
[2 replies] Last: I am now getting an error: error: ld returned 1 exit status. That's ... (by MikeyBoy)
Triplets list

Hello there i need to implement a triplete list (x,y,z) where z is the value of operation for the pair (x,y). And i must check if the operations are associ...
[1 reply] : See your other thread: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/246756/#... (by lastchance)
What is going on with my pointer?

ignore the return part of the function I want to the user to input a string. With that string I want to use a pointer to point to the string and pass it through...
[7 replies] Last: Hardest part of the program passing a point to a string What is the p... (by coder777)
Function receiving a pointer to a string.

Write your question here. string test(char *ptr); int main () { string message = "test"; char *ptr = new char [message.length()+1];//pointer allocates ...
[5 replies] Last: Both 'strcpy' and 'test' are standalone functions. Besides, a function... (by keskiverto)
by ks2018
error: undefined reference to

Hi There When I compile , I am getting the following error ie. "error: ld returned 1 exit status" Could you please point me, what I am doing wrong ? Errro...
[6 replies] Last: yes. THANKS. (by ks2018)
Selection sort / Number Swapping

Good day guys, im working on this challenge which says: Create a Menu driven program with the following options: Input Numbers, Print Ascending Order, Print...
[1 reply] : I do not know how code the answer for allowing the user to enter as m... (by nuderobmonkey)
by ashwyn
Help! Debugging. Input glitched!

Hello, Below is a program I wrote that is supposed to play the game Connect 4. I feel like its practically done, but I keep running into this weird bug randoml...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your guidance. , , |\."./| ... (by ashwyn)
Advice on checking a 1D array against a 2d array

Hi, I am pretty sure I am on the right track, but not positive. The below code snippet is a function that checks a dynamically allocated 1D array of user input ...
[1 reply] : > std::cout << "Welcome to the lotto-bingo game\n" Right, so create a ... (by salem c)
Ice Cream Shop Menu Help!

DisplacedFlyer DisplacedFlyer
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply!! I actually figured it out since writing this. I... (by displacedflyer)
Help error C2659

I am brand new to posting for help on a forum as well as C++. So, if posted to much code, let me know and I will fix it in the future. I am trying to do a lab i...
[7 replies] Last: I have been taking online courses all the best. (by closed account SECMoG1T)
by Tyler1
How to remove extra lines from a text file.

I am creating a program to remove extra spaces, comments and extra lines from a text file. I cannot figure out how to remove extra lines. Any help is appreciate...
[3 replies] Last: thought i could give it a try #include <iostream> #include <string>... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
December 2018 Pages: 1... 171819202122
  Archived months: [nov2018] [jan2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.