Beginners - November 2018

exe screen cutting out too quick -- blank screen

Good evening, I am developing a project that is much bugger than this small portion from here. This is only the beginning, but the instructions for this part c...
[1 reply] : I'm not exactly sure what's going on yet, so I'm just going to post so... (by Ganado)
I need serious help for C++ program :)

that is a pretty big first assignment almost feels overwhelming, what you may want to do is create a number of classes lets say a car class,the car class shoul...
[3 replies] Last: agreed Mikey,I honestly believe it should be a bannable offence. (by adam2016)
ints chars and doubles(primitive types)

Hi guys, although at this stage I don't really consider myself much of a beginner anymore,but I feel like putting this in the beginner section and hope it will...
[9 replies] Last: great insight,thanks guys! (by adam2016)
Temporary array creation error codes (const)

I get the error code that the expression must have a constant value, but this is a temporary array for a MergeSort function. It also tells me that n1 and n2 are...
[3 replies] Last: Hello hareleah, Simple undeclared and undefined variables : int l, m... (by mycuser)
A question about const char and string literals

Hi, Korean c++ learner again. I feel like I'm getting a lot of help from this community after all. Also, a huge thanks to that last answer about the stream extr...
[3 replies] Last: Just further: The printing of a C string works because it is null ter... (by TheIdeasMan)
Tic Tac Toe Program not running

So I need to code a tic tac toe game for my assignment. The program doesn't require any complex computer ai, I just seem to have a logical error that causes the...
[2 replies] Last: Your code to check for a winner is wrong. Consider this loop from row... (by dhayden)
Missing Element in Linked List

Hi ! As a school task I need to code a map template to make this main function work : #include "Map.h" // Defines template Map<Key, Value> #i...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you so much :) (by FrenchTouch)
Understanding pointers

So I am learning about pointers and I am currently reading my textbook. The textbook gave us this code and I inputted it into my computer using DevC++,and I am ...
[10 replies] Last: Try this (the constexpr objects would typically be at a different area... (by JLBorges)
serial and parallel bubble sort help me ? :)

friends, I need to find the differences between the serial and parallel version of the bubble sort search algorithm. Is there code in C ++ that works? Could you...
[1 reply] : a parallel bubble sort is the most polished poo I have heard of to dat... (by jonnin)
by DellXT
Help! Inline assembler is not working

error: _asm was not declared in this scope #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> #include <sstream> #include <cmath> int main(int ...
[1 reply] : Take a look here: https://ibiblio.org/gferg/ldp/GCC-Inline-Assembly-H... (by coder777)
by redi
chess board

I need help how to create a chess board in c++ for beginners
[4 replies] Last: There are unicode characters for chess pieces Actually for test pu... (by mycuser)
for loop

Hello! I've made this simple code, but am not sure where to go from here. int main() { int i; cin >> i; for (int i = 1; i < 5; i += 2) std::cout <...
[3 replies] Last: Well you're missing code tags, your code looks a mess. int main() { ... (by salem c)
Can someone briefly or clearly explain the logic in this code

if I want this function interlaceDigits(1357, 2468) prints 12345678 the code would be return 100 * interlaceDigits(x / 10, y / 10) + 10 * (x % 10) + y % 10; ...
[1 reply] : You have recursive functions. You do show only one line of the functio... (by keskiverto)
by enes12
i need help

how do I do '>' until you press the space i have not any idea javascript:tx('small') #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> using namespace std; const int y...
[1 reply] : Hello enes12, Not sure what you mean by: how do I do '>' until you p... (by Handy Andy)
Output formatting

If the user inputs 0 and 0, how can i get both "Weight must be greater than zero" and "We do not ship less than 10 miles or more than 3000" without requiring an...
[2 replies] Last: Hello XxImaWafflexX, Just as I posted I noticed that lines 8 - 10 sho... (by Handy Andy)
by owmn
Highschool C++ Homework Assignment

Rational fractions are of the form a / b, in which a and b are integers and b ≠ 0. In this exercise, by ‘‘fractions’’ we mean rational fractions. Supp...
[15 replies] Last: Thank you all very much for your help! My program is now working as it... (by owmn)
5 Errors Idk How To Fix With My Code

I keep getting these 5 errors with my code: https://gyazo.com/15af6abfc873a620f93f39b767e58fb6 and I can't figure out the issue. Help would be greatly appreci...
[4 replies] Last: @jonnin Ahh okay. That's very helpful, thank you for the detailed resp... (by PiggiesGoSqueal)
Formatting help please

Hi all! I need some help with formatting. I cant seem to wrap my head around this issue.. Below is a code that multiplies a matrix 'a' with vector 'v'. I...
[1 reply] : in pseudocode header = 'Result = ' print(header, c ) for K in c[1:]: ... (by ne555)
by PixelT
How do i make this less bulky and difficult?

I'm working on a project for my school, and I just started with C++. This program is going to be used by my entire school to help keep attendance for each clas...
[6 replies] Last: I started working with C++ less than a week ago, and truthfully, it's ... (by PixelT)
by vysero
trouble with std::vector

I have a variable declared as such: std::vector<DynamicSdmProtocol::DynamicSdm*> m_devices; When I try to return the variable: DynamicSdmProtocol:...
[2 replies] Last: If you want a reference to the vector, std::vector<DynamicSdmProto... (by Ganado)
November 2018 Pages: 123... 24
  Archived months: [oct2018] [dec2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.