Beginners - December 2018 (Page 7)

by op10
Problem with a array of strings

i'm facing a problem when running this code . it skips the name input part . i don't know why . i searched everywhere and i couldn't fix it . #include <i...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> //... (by lastchance)
ifstream with wrong filename

Hi, another short question. What happens if I call ifstream to process data from a file given by the string filename, but this file does not exist? I assumed I...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you guys! (by PhysicsIsFun)
Two problems: multiline and a two controls.

SOLVED: I forgot the break; after the WM_COMMAND switch block. I'm just getting started with win32 and C++ in code:blocks. I follow an online video tutorial but...
[no replies]
Where do I focus my learning for employment?

First I apologize if this doesn't go in this forum, it is my first time here. Please bear in mind I am not trying to take any shortcuts or anything of the sort,...
[4 replies] Last: Excellent information, thank you. I'm still learning such of that is s... (by bscruggs99)
Pls help

Hello everybody, i am new here and i need some help with C++. Meaning, i have to assignments to finish till tomorrow and have a problem: 1. I need to enter a...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you very much!!! (by dpanovski)
path to output files

Good evening, short question to writing output files. Consider this example code from Stack Overflow: #include <fstream> #include <iostream> int main() { ...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, no matter what method you try to use (absolute/relative) all the ... (by jlb)
Destructor problem

What is wrong with this destructor? Workflow::~Workflow() { for(int i=0;i<this->duz;i++) delete p ;//Here the program fails delete p; } Unhandled exc...
[4 replies] Last: Define fuction defines Steps as Activity or State.provera=0 is a priva... (by Zivojin)
longest path in a tree( DFS )

Question- https://www.spoj.com/problems/PT07Z/ Issue- I am getting time limit exceeded even with dfs. :| #include<iostream> #include<vector> usin...
[2 replies] Last: @ne555 Omg, thank you that helped so much!!! I used double dfs, one ... (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
Depth first search(DFS)

Problem- https://www.spoj.com/problems/PT07Y/ Issue- getting wrong answer on spoj but test cases are getting the right output. My technique- check if each no...
[4 replies] Last: ok. (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
by bsr
exception error emergency!

there is an error in this code can anyone help me ? error and code here. At point 0x6C43514F (vcruntime140d.dll), Exception on Exercise.exe occurred: 0xC0...
[2 replies] Last: To elaborate on MikeyBoy's answer, consider a class with a constructor... (by dhayden)
Calendar problems

I can get my calendar to get most days correct, except February leap years. It's something with my computeOffset. Anyone see the problem? #include <iostream>...
[12 replies] Last: You just seem to be dumping copies of your code into this thread, with... (by MikeyBoy)
Not getting same result

I have problem with my code.When i step into functions I get one result(no repetition),but when i debbug in my Watch table(first number is repeating in all oth...
[3 replies] Last: If you're using C-style strings, then you need to learn to use the C s... (by MikeyBoy)
Quick sort with middle element as pivot

Question- https://www.codechef.com/problems/TSORT Test cases give expected output. I am getting the wrong answer in codechef. Pivot is middle element always ...
[10 replies] Last: change the initial array then after partition the left part should be ... (by ne555)
by DellXT
How to rewrite code using class?

How to create class Frame?
[6 replies] Last: @keskiverto Thanks! (by MikeyBoy)
by H00G0
getKeyState() equivalent only for program window?

Hello! I would like to know if you guys know an alternative to the windows function getKeyState() ? It's working perfectly fine but I'd like do perform t...
[no replies]
How to overload a function that receives a lambda?

Hello! I'm sorry, I'm very new to C++, so the question can be very silly. So, sorry about it, but I failed to answer on my own. So! I have a function that re...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cstring> #include <functional> templat... (by JLBorges)
Levenshtein distance

Problem- https://www.spoj.com/problems/EDIST/ I am using Levenshtein distance to find the edit distance. I am not able to find why I am getting the wrong an...
[4 replies] Last: bump (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
Removing vowels from a string

So the goal here is to take a string, and remove all of its vowels (not including y) So mine works for all vowels except 'a' and 'u' and I have no idea why ...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <algorithm> #include <... (by JLBorges)
need help with fstream

I written this entire code, however I can't figure out how this line is not working. fstream f("encoded.txt", f.out | f.app);. It tells me that f is undefined. ...
[8 replies] Last: You don't return anything from your function showOptions . You're us... (by Ganado)
coding

how to write coding with this equation? y=x/lnx? what step to do this equation's coding in visual studio, c++? and how to design in it 'myform' in visual studi...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cmath/log/ y=x/log(x); (by Zivojin)
December 2018 Pages: 1... 56789... 22
  Archived months: [nov2018] [jan2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.