Beginners - December 2018 (Page 6)

Function won't accept value of variable?

This is the weirdest issue I've had. This is a recursive binary search function. void vBinarySearch(int iEnd, int iStart, int iFind, int iArray , in...
[3 replies] Last: Oh wow, yeah just changed while() to if() and its fixed. thanks guys (by sciman777)
Finding Number of words, Avg word length, and longest word in a sentence then ending it with a punctuation.

I need help with this question I don't know how to put it together. Finding the word count was as far as I could get. Write a program to input a sentence, on...
[4 replies] Last: Ok thank you i'll give it another try. (by BoubaCT)
Browser in C ++ (UTF 8) -> Multibyte

I would like to program a browser with C ++. For this I use the HTTP client of Indy as engine. I already have a parser, "libhtmlparse.h" in the header. 1. Ho...
[2 replies] Last: MultiByteToWideChar utf-8 to utf-16 WideCharToMultiByte to MSBC pr... (by poteto)
Fill CPU cache with NOPs

Hello! For benchmarking purposes, I would like to fulfull the CPU's cache with nops, before executing the actual code.The solution I've implemented uses macrose...
[5 replies] Last: It takes less than a second to compile for me, but may I ask what is w... (by Ganado)
by Bopaki
#include<matrix>

I have an example program that has #include<matrix> When I compile I get an error that says fatal error: matrix: No such file or directory compilation t...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, after reading that, I noticed some libraries like OpenSceneGra... (by Ganado)
by WiWo
Shared_ptr usage

I want to use std::shared_ptr to keep a pointer to a big object and I can't figure out how to initialize this pointer. I have a class Font which contains t...
[5 replies] Last: If you find yourself typing new or delete , something has gone wron... (by Repeater)
Segfault / double free with vector

Hi guys, I'm trying understanding what am I doing wrong here. When I compile the code below and run it segfaults because free recognizes that vector is freed t...
[10 replies] Last: https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=65354 (by Peter87)
problem with c++

Giá trị to lớn của các căn hộ chung cư cho thuê Vinhomes Sky Lake Hà Nội , với nhiều những ưu điểm và sự nổi bật ai cũng nên...
[1 reply] : int sum (int num) This line makes no sense at all. What are you tryi... (by Repeater)
How to get unbuffered keyboard input?

I'm creating a game in the console and I want players to control their position in an array with the arrow keys. Using cin for this would require them to press ...
[5 replies] Last: If you want unbuffered input from a file, you use the open system call... (by haritupe)
References and Pointers

What are the differences between references and pointers?. I am beginner in this field..so please do guidance to me
[9 replies] Last: Thank you all for this guidance (by haritupe)
RAM of a program

Hi, so I have this project file on my C++ project (Bank Management System) and there is a section which requires me to list the requirements - hardware and sof...
[4 replies] Last: RAM and HD used by the program, with a database of 1M customers. this... (by jonnin)
STRINGS - case insensitive function

hi guys, so im working on a function that gets two strings of chars. The function returns the same number of characters that are in the same position in bot...
[4 replies] Last: Possibly bad wording on my part. C++ does not have a lot of the 'st... (by jonnin)
incomplete / useless method? (1,2)

Hey guys, can you make any sense of the following... method? Obstacle & Obstacle::operator= (const Obstacle & other){ segs=other.segs; return *th...
[33 replies] Last: There are some member functions that the compiler generates for a clas... (by keskiverto)
please help me

Write a program that inputs a number from user and display the Fibonacci series up to the number entered.
[1 reply] : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+generate+a+fibonnacci+sequence+in+C%2B%2B (by closed account 367kGNh0)
Using string variables for sql query?

Is there a way to use string variables for my sql queries? Such as string a = "select x from y where z"; string b = "select a from b where c"; ...
[4 replies] Last: Probably. I saw somebody on SO make a reference to c_str (). Sqlite is... (by bscruggs99)
Frustrated coders problem

There are N frustrated coders standing in a circle with a gun in their hands. Each coder has a skill value S[ i ] and he can only kill those coders that have st...
[2 replies] Last: Describe your algorithm. Your variables names are not descriptive. (by booradley60)
by frek
constexpr

Hi, Please consider this simple code: constexpr double square(double x) { return x*x; } Now we use it this way: int var = 17; constexpr double max...
[3 replies] Last: And please don't crosspost next time. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/... (by Peter87)
Error code 139 - Segmentation Fault

I run in code block or visual studio, it worked fine. However, when I test in cpp.sh it's occur the error: Error code 139 - Segmentation Fault. Please, help, th...
[4 replies] Last: thx, now I notice it. (by pnthoai123)
expected a warning from visual studio

#include <iostream> void reprint(char * input) { std::cout << input; } int main() { reprint("Hello"); return 0; } Hi all, I just know ...
[3 replies] Last: Configuring 2015 for a higher warning level won't do anything for this... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by AM111
c++ doubt

Hello, Im making this code to read a specific value of the matrix. However, with this code instead of obtaining just "122" what I get is 122 repeated six tim...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much mbozzi!! (by AM111)
December 2018 Pages: 1... 45678... 22
  Archived months: [nov2018] [jan2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.