Beginners - February 2016 (Page 3)

Donut question BMR

I need to see how many donuts (195 cals) a person can eat based on their BMR and display that along with the BMR // BMR lab #include <iostream> us...
[no replies]
Banking application storing account info in array

Hello I've been working on a C++ banking application that should be able to hold more than one account with all the related field's. I have come across a few is...
[3 replies] Last: Looking at the fields in your class I suspect that you should be cre... (by jlb)
by nl1
assignment help

Hi, I am supposed to read two files, and create a new file combining previous two file, i was able to open a new file but the data isnot being transferred ther...
[1 reply] : First, please use the code tags. See http://www.cplusplus.com/articles... (by keskiverto)
Having issues with output formatting

Thanks for checking this out for me. So my issue is when formatiing my cout streams for some example programs I'm writing for class.If I need to use different p...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks Chevril, thats perfect. And thanks for helping out a rookie! (by nick0451)
by m0bb1n
how to pass vectors through functions

Hello, I was wondering how I can pass vectors. I am just finished my first hangman game and wanted to fine tune it. As you can see, I declared 3 global vecto...
[2 replies] Last: Same way you pass any variable to a function. I see you passing some ... (by m0bb1n)
by Stolle
End "cin" with a dot

Hi, I want to be able to read with "cin" or anythin else a sentence which stopps reading when a dot(end of the sentence) appears. Is there any suggestions? ...
[1 reply] : std::getline (std::cin, some_string, '.'); http://www.cplusplus.com... (by Moschops)
Need help with using multiple functions

Hello, this is my first time posting and I am desperate for assistance. I've exhausted all my resources, and a forum is all I could think to turn to. I have be...
[1 reply] : UPDATE: I just caught an issue in my code for the void function. '&&' ... (by dankyblaze)
by eazye
Monte Carlo simulation

Hi, I am trying to code a crude monte carlo simulation for an project to find the integral I=0.9sin(pi*x) between x = 0.13 and x = 0.87 for N = 10, N = 100 and...
[1 reply] : bump could anyone help? I suspect the error might be with the way i e... (by eazye)
Output is not same of program

I am facing a little bit problem with the output of program. Where I am making mistake?, I don't know. Problem is: Write a program that computes the cost of a...
[1 reply] : Problem solved. #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespa... (by ZahoorKhan)
"0xC0000005: Access violation writing location"

Hello. I am having an issue running my program due to a "0xC0000005: Access violation writing location" error. The purpose of the program is to create a binary ...
[1 reply] : TreeNode* node ; node is an array of pointers, none of which point ... (by Moschops)
by eca
Text parsing per time stamp.

Hi everyone. I am trying to figure out how to parse a log file in a specific way. What I want it to be able to do is to go line by line and count how many tim...
[2 replies] Last: thanks very much for the help! (by eca)
std::scoped_allocator_adaptor

Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how to correctly use std::scoped_allocator_adaptor For example I created my own allocator that acts like std::a...
[no replies]
Constructor with array parameter

Hello! Firstly I'll state that I'm trying to solve a school exercise - so please only provide hints :). I'm trying to create two classes: vertex and polygon. ...
[4 replies] Last: Yes. If you're trying to use arrays, you need to stop now and learn a... (by NilsAnton)
by Frenzy
Largest Value in an Array + More

Hey guys, so I just started diving into Arrays. I'm about 3 weeks ahead of my class, assignment wise, so I've been teaching myself with online resources. I f...
[3 replies] Last: Woohoo! Thanks a bunch, Chervil! (by Frenzy)
function name scope

I am supposed to observe a rule about scope relating to this code. I really don't understand the point that's trying to be made here, however. The call to Fun...
[1 reply] : At line 10, you've rather unwisely named the integer parameter Functi... (by Chervil)
An idea

Hello everyone who's reading this! I'm not sure if this is the right section but I don't think that the "Jobs" section would fit. I'm a young hobby programmer ...
[2 replies] Last: I made one with Java. Ik it's harder if I do 3D. But I think I can mak... (by Xeadriel)
by dn90
Chopping up a string and ... ?

I want to read a line from a file and store the values as an object of a class and add the objects to a vector(I did not define the class in this example but as...
[1 reply] : Do you realize that getline() has a optional third parameter for the d... (by jlb)
Please help with this program.

Hello. I have to write a program that registers information about a n number of people, categorize them depending on how much they donated and finally outputs ...
[4 replies] Last: And also... the part that verifies that the amount donated does not s... (by Thomas1965)
array

Hi everybody.I can't initialize two-dimensional array. Eror in function #include <iostream> #include<iomanip> using namespace std; void init(int pmtx ,int r...
[5 replies] Last: srand is neccessary to initialize the random generator otherwise you a... (by Thomas1965)
If statements error

I continue to get the C2181 error from VS. The message is "illegal else without if" My stepfather, a software engineer, and I cannot seem to find the issue. Any...
[2 replies] Last: Works fine for me except the warning for unused variable 'weight'. But... (by tom221b)
February 2016 Pages: 12345... 46
  Archived months: [jan2016] [mar2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.