Beginners - July 2017 (Page 5)

by TheArk
outputting certain array value

How would you go about menu option 3 which is to find the time of a skier? What would a code example be? //07/22/17 //Skier program //Program shows ski...
[1 reply] : Since you know that the string array contain 5 names and the double a... (by arbwok)
by TheArk
displaying the max using a function

Hello, I am creating a menu, and for option 1 I am trying to display the fastest skier, I am a biut lost on how to go about this, any suggestions? #include <...
[2 replies] Last: Hello TheArk, dhayden has a shorter idea than I had, but I think this... (by Handy Andy)
input int into 2D array elements using for loops

In the following code, I am trying to input an integer into each element of a 2D array using a loop. What happen is that the "y" value never changes from "0...
[1 reply] : Did you mean the increment to be y++ in the inner for loop? for (int... (by wildblue)
NEED HELP FOR DOUBLY LINK LIST HOW CAN I SEE THE LIST?

#include <iostream> #include <string.h> using namespace std; typedef int Elem; //list element type class DNode //doubly linked list node { private: Elem el...
[2 replies] Last: hi thanks for helping. i fix the constructor, so for the u->prev this ... (by VOLTS100)
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault (1,2,3)

Hi, I have encountered the above error while debugging. I am suspecting that I have used some pointers to matrices incorrectly, so I intend to check the code ov...
[44 replies] Last: @MikeyBoy: I will look into structures and collections. I am trying to... (by lifeisgood)
by Rajpal
Shape class and reflect and translate point

Hello I was asked to write an abstract shape class with pure virtual functions and then implement derived class ie rectangle, circle and square . But I am als...
[3 replies] Last: Please use code tags. Edit your post, highlight the code and click the... (by dhayden)
Virtual functions

do_nothing() is pure virtual. So when I create an pointer of derived and point it to an derived_1 object and then do do pointer->do_nothing() derived_1 do_nothi...
[4 replies] Last: if you want to use pointers...consider smart pointers :D (by Flaze07)
Bulls and Cows

Hola, im following a tutorial on how to make the bulls and cows game, its my first time using classes and I need a little help. Im having trouble with the rese...
[4 replies] Last: If you are following the lesson on Udemy then you can look at the file... (by LividPython)
Cannot bind error while overloading operator

My draw function returns vector<vector<char>> and I overloaded operator<< but this gives me no match for ‘operator<<’ (operand types are ‘std::ostream {...
[3 replies] Last: The following code, based on your description but with Peter87‘s dir... (by Enoizat)
Access specifiers in class

If I write f.do_nothing() obviously it will give me compilation error. In this case how is access specifier resolved? All I know is how virtual function is work...
[3 replies] Last: > I don't get how access specifier is resolved It is very straightfor... (by JLBorges)
by Bopaki
Worried about A message that I get when compiling my program

Write your question here. Here is the message: C:\Dev-Cpp\Pointers\toCommunity.cpp In function 'int main()': 8 17 C:\Dev-Cpp\Pointers\toCommunity.cpp depre...
[6 replies] Last: 1987? That would make it about thirty years old. Definitely only of ... (by Chervil)
by Bopaki
Example program from the textbook does not compile

I typed this program exactly as it is in the textbook by: Robert Lafore it gives the following errors: C:\Dev-Cpp\Functions\beeptest.cpp In function 'int main...
[1 reply] : 16 10 C:\Dev-Cpp\Functions\beeptest.cpp ISO C++ forbids declaration... (by Peter87)
by Bopaki
error on file char_traits.h

Write your question here. When I compile any program I get this error // Character Traits for use by standard string and iostream -*- C++ -*- // Copyri...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks to everyone. I have uninstalled my Dev-C++ version 5.11 and sta... (by Bopaki)
when I pass vector v to sizeof which size does compiler shows

when I pass vector v to sizeof which size does compiler shows? #include<iostream> #include<vector> using namespace std; int main() { vector<in...
[2 replies] Last: Variation on above code: #include<iostream> #include<vector> int ma... (by Chervil)
Unmatched cpp output

For http://coliru.stacked-crooked.com/a/3efa0cbe9dc22d0c , why is it not time_ps-(double)number_of_baud_clocks_passed*(double)BAUD_OUT_PERIOD = 1.01561×...
[4 replies] Last: @user123random You must vastly simplify your code to make it readable... (by lastchance)
Dealing with nodes

Currently working on a project and I would appreciate all the help that I can get. Here is the first part of the assignment: Instructions: In this file, you...
[8 replies] Last: @Semirxbih My pleasure. Keep plugging away at it though because there ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
array and ++ operator

whats the difference between the two codes below? tests ++; tests tests[i++];
[3 replies] Last: @keskiverto that's exactly what i did and i figured it out. (by ahswong)
Final Project Using C++

for my final project i need to create a C++ program with the following: Program should have: menu user input loop structure (do while, while, for) deci...
[4 replies] Last: thanks for all your input! im going to create a commission calculator ... (by ahswong)
MadLib game read file issue

I am having a problem here and I feel like that I am getting close. here is the Error. (the lines with the Exp is what it should be) > Please enter th...
[3 replies] Last: The number appears to be coming from numWords on line 27. Line 154 - ... (by wildblue)
Vector Function (Continued)

So back again, essentially the program is functioning so long as the user inputs the proper variables. However, I would like to program to break if any values a...
[1 reply] : first, your issue is about input verification, the vector part is just... (by ne555)
July 2017 Pages: 1... 34567... 12
  Archived months: [jun2017] [aug2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.