Beginners - June 2013 (Page 45)

Class Definition

Can anyone see whats wrong this class definition. The compiler is throwing out the following error: /tmp/cccWQe0N.o: In function `Item::Item(std::basic_strin...
[3 replies] Last: Are you providing a definition for " Item::display( ) "? Also, if your... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Beginner with Allegro

Hey, guys! I am new with Allegro. I do C++ (Dev C++ with MingW) and I would like some advice, and maybe a little help. I do not really have any code that has...
[no replies]
Help with Phonebook program

Hello! I am new to this forum and I am also relatively new to C++. I am currently taking a C++ programming class, and I could really use some help with a pr...
[2 replies] Last: I'll help with the code you posted. directoryofentry.cpp: The const... (by toum)
String Subscript Problem

So I'm trying to do a program that short the name of a website (ex: http://www.cplusplus.com to cplusplus.com) But i get String Subscript out of range; What'...
[5 replies] Last: I'll take a look to this later, i have other program to do. Only 14 ye... (by SkyDriver2500)
start function

I am creating a game and want to get the user to press any key to start game how would I do that.
[6 replies] Last: Do not use system('PAUSE') because it isn't portable and it is a very ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Fibonacci numbers help

The problem: Each new term in the Fibonacci sequence is generated by adding the previous two terms. By starting with 1 and 2, the first 10 terms will be: ...
[4 replies] Last: it seems you still change the value of third even if you stop from cou... (by Manga)
Problem with while loop

I wrote this function to find the value of line 'a' in a file int reader (int a) { int x; while (a > 0) { ifstream data; data.open ("Data.txt"); ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks. I should not have made such a stupid mistake (by DrZoidberg)
Decoration question >>

Hi guys ... i have that program that i need to write a description about what it do before starting the operations of the code. I want a function or a code tha...
[5 replies] Last: Use system ("CLS"); to clear the screen. (by DrZoidberg)
Dinamy array

So,I have the next code and what I'm trying to do is to get an element from a dynamic array but I get a" conversion from 'int' to non-scalar type 'Baloon' reque...
[6 replies] Last: Ok.Defining it to return that bool is fine but i need that function to... (by Matt2 0)
Strange breakline appears in my program?

If we list all the natural numbers below 10 that are multiples of 3 or 5, we get 3, 5, 6 and 9. The sum of these multiples is 23. Find the sum of all the mult...
[10 replies] Last: nope, I do. Alrighty. I thought I remembered someone directing you... (by cire)
Problem with C++ Program

Hi, I'm writing a C++ program for my class and I'm relatively new to this language. I'm using eclipse c/c++ to write my code and I've come up with the followin...
[2 replies] Last: 1. line 125 with an error message of no match for 'operator>>' in 'st... (by MikeyBoy)
Can't figure out what I did wrong

I started today learning C++ for the first time. I've been following a video series for beginners which has helped me a lot. But ever since it's gotten into cla...
[9 replies] Last: ah ty =) (by gobiking)
Unepected output

Can anyone see whats wrong with this code? It all seems pretty logical to me but i'm getting a very strange answer: PLEASE ENTER A FIRST NUMBER: 4 PLEAS...
[6 replies] Last: What does the compiler just allocate random memory to you and unless ... (by MikeyBoy)
Problem with updating array

Problem 1. Why I entered 3 seat number the program only update 1 seat number. Problem 2. how to the occupancy rate with decimal point let's say 1/24*100 suppos...
[6 replies] Last: You could use an array, yes. But, honestly, I'd advise you to take a ... (by MikeyBoy)
Command Line Input and Dynamic Arrays

Hey guys, i'm trying to do this problem set: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uj2kd8a764v7txy/Problem%20Set.pdf I need help with modifying "find_greatest_product" fun...
[11 replies] Last: sorry Jinjaninja and chervil, since I'm learning C + +, and I try to g... (by ar2007)
Need program to input list of numbers

OK, so I'm a newbie and need some help. I have never wrote a program before, but I have a tedious daily job that I have to do at work which consists of inputin...
[3 replies] Last: Let me ask a few questions about how you input data. What program do ... (by SamuelAdams)
deleting dynamic allocation c and c++

i thought that "delete " is used only for arrays so is the following code correctly done? int* pi = new int; delete pi; delete pi; D...
[4 replies] Last: what can i do. Did you even try stepping through it?? (by mutexe)
Smart pointer

These code compile correctly, but instead of A2 *p=dynamic_cast<A2*>(&(*vect )); I'd like to have this A2 *p=dynamic_cast<A2*>(vect ); ...How can I get...
[4 replies] Last: vect has the type B::smart . It's not a pointer or a reference. dy... (by Cubbi)
Read Data from File into Multiple Class Objects

I am very new to C++ and programming in general. Here is my questions (Thanks in advance for the help): How do you create multiple new class objects using th...
[2 replies] Last: ok, there's sooo much to say...where shall i start...? i respect you... (by Rechard3)
passing arrays in functions

Im trying to separate my code up and make it modular so the main program reads a bit easier. I am having problems receiving the array back after I try and fill ...
[4 replies] Last: Either dynamically allocate, or pass the arrays as parameters void da... (by Chervil)
June 2013 Pages: 1... 4344454647... 49
  Archived months: [may2013] [jul2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.