Beginners - May 2019 (Page 15)

array of char without '\0' terminated

Hello, from previously asking on here I've understood that the << operator has been overloaded for C-strings (char arrays that are 0 terminated), to print it...
[11 replies] Last: @salem c, you are getting me wrong. we must definitely try to program ... (by anup30)
Why the output is like this?

Hello, I have such code and I don't know where the second A.f in output comes from. I suppose the first is from new A(), but don't have a clue about the second...
[3 replies] Last: A.f (A.f) B.f M ~A.f Where (A.f) comes from. First, new A() calls ... (by Ganado)
by mpg
problem witth sum of elements in array with recursion

I must do the sum of elements in arry with recursion and I must use codeblocks. I have "cannot open output file, name.exe permission denied" What's problem? ...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks!!!! (by mpg)
by Pecvx
Class question

I have the following two classes: class Plant { private: string name; string location; int sensorId; //sensor ID double humidityMin; //Plante...
[5 replies] Last: All non-static member variables of a class are default initialized (un... (by keskiverto)
Star Search, Now With Arrays

Hello, I am requesting some assistance on a recent homework assignment in Beginning programming. I have been given the instructions below. "Modify this progr...
[3 replies] Last: I don't know how to use arrays, or how to insert numbers into them. ... (by George P)

Hi everyone, I am a new member. I know c ++. I am looking for a course to teach about c ++. I hope you can help me in the process of acquiring knowledge about c...
[3 replies] Last: The tutorial here at cplusplus, though it hasn't been updated in years... (by George P)
IT Training Courses

WinPath IT is Offering Services like IT Training, IT Staffing, and Digital Marketing Agency Services. 1. IT Staffing Services (https://www.winpathit.com/it-sta...
[no replies]
Array Assistance Please

Good Evening, I am having problems with the code below, what I need to do is have the array show 15 lines of value (alpha through alpha , then the next set of...
[3 replies] Last: Thank y'all very much, that solved the problem! (by thylath)
by Majeek
me.obj error LNK2005 : "class..." already defined in main.obj

I'm new to header files and namespaces so I've been tryed to work on them through websites that show me examples of that. So I made my own namespace through a h...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=Majeek]Had to remove the code in main() and recompile then re a... (by Duthomhas)
Need some help with file editing.

Hello everyone, been coming here a lot this past year since I started learning, but this is the first time I have posted a question. I have been doing this ...
[4 replies] Last: Sorry for the late reply Chedder, looks like its all good. Think somet... (by Maganac)
by vysero
Making my student grades program more dynamic

The book I am using to learn C++ is called: Accelerated C++, practical programming by example and in section 4.2 we are improving upon this student grades progr...
[3 replies] Last: Ah crap, I should have seen that, thanks guys. (by vysero)
Payroll/Final Program Help

I am having trouble getting the arrays to read into the program. will print the cout statements, but is not reading the arrays from the data file and printing t...
[4 replies] Last: Hello kmheflin712, I agree with jlb the program would benefit immen... (by Handy Andy)
Problem with "undefined reference to 'vtable for myclass' "

Hi everyone, I've been trying to link 2 files but I'm getting the error "undefined reference to 'vtable for myclass' ". One cpp contains my QMainWindow whereas...
[3 replies] Last: Your build does run the moc too? (by keskiverto)
Which type has this iterator?

auto itr = mResourceMap.find( id ); // Which type has this iterator? // I thought it would be of this, but it isn't. std::map<Identifier,std::unique_pt...
[7 replies] Last: Thx, your link was very insightful to the topic. (by nuderobmonkey)
Passing object values to another class

Sorry if the title is misleading, having trouble giving a proper definition of my issue. So my assignment is to create 3 classes: Text, Box and TextBox. Text h...
[6 replies] Last: C structs are not C++ structs. In C a struct can only contain data me... (by George P)
by Pecvx
Virtual functions

Hello, I need some help on virtual functions. If we declare the following class: class Animal { public: virtual string sound() { return "...
[6 replies] Last: Yes, that's correct. (by Peter87)
Most frequent letter in string

Hi, I have a user inputted char array that I have then turned into a string, only letters. I have tried searching for a solution to find the most common charact...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the help, found the solution by anup, to be the most helpfu... (by crimsonknight166)
Airplane reservations problem

for this program I need to ask the customer if they would like to travel first class or economy by press 1 or 2. After that they must put in a seat number to fi...
[7 replies] Last: Hello Deadweight77, Line 11 as a global variable it should be avoided... (by Handy Andy)
by Halken
RN Calculator with Stacks

I am in need of help with my stack::peek function, I plan on calling the peek function at the end to display the correct result however I am a little lost regar...
[2 replies] Last: thanks :) (by Halken)
by mpg
largest element in an array using recursion?

Can you help me about write largest element in an array using recursion? I found this can you explain me? And I wish the smallesT Many thanks to all. int ...
[5 replies] Last: template <typename T> T maximum( T *a, int n ) { return n == 1 ? *... (by lastchance)
May 2019 Pages: 1... 13141516
  Archived months: [apr2019] [jun2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.