Beginners - November 2019

Does not name a type?

Hello, I'm trying to have 2 classes include the other. But for one of them it says that it does not ...
[1 reply] : I figured it out. I had to use a class declaration for one of them. So... (by stephcat5)
using modulus to correct row and column numbers?

Hello, I'm working on this program for class. It fills an array with blank spaces and then accept...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! I didn't even know that I didn't understand %. I'm strugg... (by closed account 1Ck93TCk)
Template question

I can't figure out why my swap calling on lines 79 and 82 are not working. It worked before I had to...
[1 reply] : Double posted -> http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/265842/ (by salem c)
Template question

I can't figure out why my swap calling on lines 79 and 82 are not working. It worked before I had to...
[1 reply] : This looks like a problem caused by the "using namespace std;" clause.... (by jlb)
Displaying a claculation

Hi, i've tried searching here and online for an answer and couldn't seem to find one maybe you could...
[6 replies] Last: ah i should have thought about using a loop :D (by tunplus)
by Hajo93
School task

The application prints a menu with the following choices: Read student information from file Wri...
[2 replies] Last: With CPP it's kind of looks like this. #include <iostream> #include ... (by Davoda1)
C Programming - Multithreading using pthreads

I want to understand how multithreading in C works. I am trying to convert the following code below ...
[3 replies] Last: Step 1, get the work you need to do into a separate function. int ch... (by salem c)
declaring winner

The bottom if else statement doesn't seem to declare a winner and always endsin a draw no matter the...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you! I copied and pasted my code into a new project and it worke... (by renegadepotato)
by Ch1156
best way to do collision

So I want to make an adventure game but I dont want to do a text game, I want there to be some "grap...
[5 replies] Last: Ok so I went the route of having a vector that contains a list of coll... (by Ch1156)
Simple Adjacency List

Guys!I am trying to do this! X | A->C Y | A->B->C Z | B->C I want a pointer on left(X,Y,Z) to po...
[1 reply] : Should I create another struct abc type array? Yes, or use another li... (by kbw)
fstream

why is this not loading details from file //container implementation void itemcontainer::loads...
[2 replies] Last: Hello Ruchina, PLEASE ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS (the <> formatting button... (by Handy Andy)
help with _getch()

i am using _getch() to detect keyboard input and i am working on my project on a mobile IDE (Cxxdroi...
[13 replies] Last: okay that makes a lot of sense, thanks <3 (by tunplus)
Difference between double hashing and rehashing

So I implemented double hashing here i.e using two hash fun. But what does it mean by rehashing? How...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a lot both of you! (by lost110)
by ema897
derived class files

Hi! I have a base class from which I want to derive many derived classes. Where should I put the d...
[1 reply] : Where should I put the derived classes? This really a design questio... (by jlb)
How to refernce variable length array with pointer

project description: I have an esp8266 that is receiving a string representing a color pattern of rg...
[8 replies] Last: line 21. is that syntax saying, there is a read method, where line 35... (by jlb)
class declaration fails

What's wrong with the 'Subject' class declaration? enum class Type { Ground, Enemy, Boulder, Fri...
[1 reply] : Fond the error, line 26 needs to be: class Subject : public Object <... (by nuderobmonkey)
by hbcpp
Level My C++ Skills

I have been studying C++ for almost 2 years now. I have read some beginners' books and some intermed...
[11 replies] Last: Well now I am curious to learn python or java to be able to spot these... (by hbcpp)
Returning struct member from function

I am attempting to read info from a file, calculate averages, and return the lowest percentage and t...
[2 replies] Last: You have no return statement. It seems that your function should be u... (by keskiverto)
How to include the value of getclassname() in if statement

Hi all, I would like to include the window class name into my if statement but I always get error. I...
[5 replies] Last: Yes. The std::string(class_name) calls string constructor std::str... (by keskiverto)
Arrays and for loops

Why does printing an array take so much longer than checking what is in an element using a for loop....
[3 replies] Last: Switching to '\n' probably won't make a difference since cout is usu... (by dutch)
November 2019 Pages: 123... 17
  Archived months: [oct2019] [dec2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.