Beginners - October 2016

Function with bool return value- does not output string messages for errors

I am writing a bool function that displays error messages if one of the conditions are not true, that are strings. When I run my function, it does not output th...
[no replies]
Maze Program

I am trying to write a program which solves how to get out of A multi dimensional (char) array. Where the "walls" are the letter "X". I want to use a stack for ...
[no replies]
Storing multiple user-input strings in an Array?

Hello! I am in a beginning C++ course and a few weeks ago, we were to create a basic degree-auditing program using arrays, loops, and if statements (no function...
[no replies]
Non programmer looking to eventually learn AR

Hello I am new to this forum in the hope of some advice. I have practically no programming experience, the only thing I have taught myself is HTML and CSS on a...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/ A good place to start is right here (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Char pointers or strings

If you were making a password generator. Would you make the password a string or a char pointer ?
[2 replies] Last: Oh ok great. Thanks for the information. (by Day Vide)
How to verify length properly?

Okay so I'm trying to verify a PIN number and Zipcode. The PIN should be 4 digits long and the Zipcode should be 5 digits. How can I do this using Int numbers o...
[7 replies] Last: For an explanation of thomas's code, read it and even better than that... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
How to allow user to access specific sections of a file?

Hello, I am attempting to code a program that allows the user to create what is an essence a database of monsters and their statistics. The user is supposed to ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try fiddling around with it some more ... (by Nicklax)
Loops and File Processing

Good day to you all here at cplusplus.com! After some time of stumbling back here I decided to join since I'm currently enrolled in a beginners C++ class. Now I...
[1 reply] : In pseudo code: Call the function to display your menu Get the inp... (by koothkeeper)
by mtroll
Trouble with Arrays

Hi, I have an assignment to make a "mock stock exchange" in which there is a person with an account of 10 dollars and they can choose to buy and sell share...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you so much for your help! This is exactly what I needed. (by mtroll)
Beginning C++ with games

Hi, im just wondering where i should start learning how to make games using SFML/SDL and c++ i found a book beginning c++ game programming (john horton), i...
[6 replies] Last: Yes, that is the advice I gave you in my first post. It will help you ... (by BHX)
by EmC88
Trouble with Input Validation - checking for empty cin

I am writing a program that gathers user input. The program is using a structure to store the user's inputted data and is comprised of a few strings and one dou...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much for the suggestion! That helped immensely. (by EmC88)
Is my code clean and concise?

I'm teaching myself, slowly, and came upon a problem in my book. It's "Jumping into C++" Chapter 16 (Recursions), problem one. 1. Write a recursive algorithm...
[2 replies] Last: Your code is not quite correct - your base-case isn't actually the bas... (by mbozzi)
Read data from user by object and constructor

Hi everyone,I am trying to finish this assignment. I have a question about car1. How can i assign value from user to car1? car1 which uses the values read from...
[2 replies] Last: 0 other false NONE 0 other false NONE 0 other false NONE Can you te... (by phamminhphuong)
by Zorai
Need this code written before a couple hours from now...

The exercise is : " One stormy night, as Dionne worked diligently on her CSC 126 labs, a bolt of lightning struck the house. The power surge raced through he...
[2 replies] Last: This makes predicting the future very easy. I think this program will ... (by Nico)
no answer after request of an user input

I'm doing this for a class, but I'm having a bit of a problem which after I input the 5 digits in the compiler, it will only play nnnnn instead of what I'm look...
[3 replies] Last: Ah, I made a mistake as I had to do this with the while loop (by ZaKingu)
by h00ray
Week end / business day program help

Hi guys,I'm fairly new in C++ (3rd day) and I'm trying to apply the enum operator. So I tried to write a program that determines whether the user indicated (via...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the help, I appreciate it very much. (by h00ray)
String elements

How can i count the elements from a string ? i know that the string has characters and numbers for elements!
[5 replies] Last: The input "hy150 = 27 10 66 70 67" requires an array size of at least ... (by Chervil)
Shields up!

I'm very new to programming and i'm trying to get the hang of functions. In order to do this i thought up a little game i'm trying to build. I want the status o...
[6 replies] Last: mbozzi your the best! "Line 44, line 53: Remove the leading int from ... (by Shifty189)
Passing through "fill" function

Hello everyone, I've got a problem. It's about the fill function, if you ever have heard about it. This is the programm I need your help with: #include ...
[5 replies] Last: ¿have you set a breakpoint in color()? (by ne555)
operator* as a member function

I am attempting to create a operator* function for a class that converts stones to pounds. I get the following compile error though : stonewt.h:22:47: error:...
[1 reply] : If it is a MEMBER function, then the left-hand operand LHS in LHS o... (by lastchance)
October 2016 Pages: 123... 51
  Archived months: [sep2016] [nov2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.